LG 42LD450-ZA IR hack and wired headset error fix

Osmasbeenfired

Standard Member
Reaction score
This is for all EU tv's with the model number LG 42LD450-ZA.

My method, buy a cheap one4all urc 3920 tv remote from tesco for 8.99.

Download the latest firmware from the LG website should be 03.03.34.

Place it in a folder called LG_DTV and put that onto any usb stick, then plug it in to your tv. press menu on your LG remote, select but dont press- options. then press 'FAV' 7 times slowly it will then allow you to install the Update with options.
now that is all done we can get on with the one4all remote programming.

Press TV
Press and hold the magic button until it flashes twice
Press 994
Press the magic key
press the ch+ key
Press the magic key (the light will hold for a second longer).
Now the remote is programmed.
ch+ is now your service menu button

Press ch+ to bring up the service menu password
(Don't forget you might need to press the magic button again to use the service button).

When a password box appears with four **** you will input 0413

Choose tool 2 scroll down enable divx play back.

Dont **** around with all the settings, youll just break your tv.

If you have the wired headset error or like me you broke the headphone jack on the side and your tv has no volume then again tool 2 scroll down and disable headphones. by disable i mean change from 1 to 0.

thanks for reading this

:hiya:

Last edited:
Hi,

I have same TV LG 42LD450-ZA and have the problem with headset. My TV volume works on headset only and I can't get it back to TV speaker. As suggested by you, I got the URC 3920 & tried to get/set the service menu. But I am not able to do that.

Please give me exact steps to get this working.

Thanks

J

Hi J, with that control you need to go through the steps in my Tut to program the remote. remember to press the magic button again to activate the magic menu button you just programmed it was a bit annoying for me until i tried that.
You must update your TV firmware to 03.03.34 first.
other than doing a video I don't know how to make this simpler for you. sorry.

First set a device with the LG TV code. Example: On a URC-3920, the code is 11840. You can test if the power button, volume and channels work on your TV. After that, proceed to the next steps. For the URC-3920 the procedure to set the keys uses the 5 digit EFCs and you should follow the instructions manual of the remote control.
Codes: For older remotes which uses 3 digit Extended Functional Codes (EFCs)
EZ-Adjust = 018
IN-Start = 019
POWER-ONLY = 014
IN-Stop = 015 (factory reset)

For Newer remotes which uses 5 digit EFCs
EZ-Adjust = 00018
IN-Start = 00019
POWER-ONLY = 00014
IN-Stop = 00015

How to do it ?: Procedure

Press the device key (TV, VCR, SAT, CD, AUD or DVD).
Press and hold the MAGIC key until the device keys blinks twice (the device key will blink once then twice).
Press 9 9 4. The device key will blink twice.
Press the MAGIC key once.
Enter the 3-digit (or 5-digit) EFC code (see above, I used EZ-Adjust code: 00018)
Press the key to which the function will be assigned. The device key will blink twice. (I choose ch+ button as my service menu button)

After this, when you need service menu, press ch+ button, you need to enter password i.e. 0413(or try 0000).

For disabling headset, go to tool3 and set the headset value to "0".
With this, I was able to get the sound on TV speaker :thumbsup:

:lease: Please be careful and don't mess-up with your TV. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Hi,

I have the LG 42LD450-ZA. And I am trying to activate the 'DIVX' capabilities.
Have followed the instructions above, but my CH+ button doesn't give me the SERVICE MENU box, it just
gives me a message 'Function is not available now'.

I bought the one4all urc 3920 tv remote and it will now change my sound, give me menu, etc.
But CH+ gives me the above message. (As does the original LG Remote - obviously)

What do the 994 and the 00018 codes achieve - I mean specifically what do they do ?

Why doesn't the CH+ key do like it should ?? (I am sure its assigned right)

Any help would be great. Thank you,

Hi,

The procedure which I mentioned will set the ch+ button to access the service menu. Each time you access this service menu, you will be asked to enter password. (try 0413 or 0000).

Looks like in your case the service menu is not been set-up properly. Ensure you get those double blink during set-up procedure. if not then the remote is not setting up properly. I would advice to really do this slowly.

00018 code will get you access to EZ-Adjust service menu. Its a simplified IN_Start service menu. (just a menu where you can choose/set the options)

Once you get into service menu, then go to "Tool Option3" and then set the DIVX value to "1" (i.e. enable)

Try 991 if 994 is not working. I am not sure on this, but i think its search for the service.
I would advice try it couple of time, eventually you will get it.

Hope this helps. :lease: Please be careful and don't mess-up with your TV. :facepalm:

J

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your help :thumbsup:

I have now managed to get it done :)

Setting up the Universal Remote Control seems very hit and miss. Like you
said you really have to keep trying and eventually it works.

My mate brought a mem stick down last night to test, and my TV LG 42LD450-ZA played each of the formats he tried :clap:

I saw a bit of a utube video yesterday where a guy was showing his own
LG 42LD450-ZA supposedly playing blue-ray movies ?? He never told anyone how he has supposedly got this to work. Have you heard of this yourself ?

Thanks again Jack,

Minnar

Last edited:
Hi,

I am gald it worked for you. :clap:
Enjoy watching DIVX :thumbsup:

I havent tried or heard of blue-ray features on this TV. So can't be of much help on this. Sorry!

:hiya:
J

would this work with the new one for all urc-7140

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom