LG 42lc46 Please help

pringle88

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi i recently bought a lg 42lc46 tv from a local auction i bought it home and i couldnt get a picture led light went from standby to flashing green 6-7 times i looked on other forums said about it might be the power supply so i changed that same problem then i changed the lvds board still nothing so i changed the main board great tv works in a fashion the picture has a spasm for about 10 minutes shoots little lines of all different colours then fine i can watch tv but my main problem now is when i plug my xbox into hdmi it completely throws out the idea of trying to get a picture up at all i tried the xbox in the red white and yellow outputs and i get a ok picture on like my friend list where there isnt much colour but if i try to run a game or even stay on the home screen it completely goes screwy any help on this as i can only think it might actually be the lvds - main board wiring but i dont have a clue first tv ive tried to fix ever and im already in to the tv for about £185 which isnt great but not too bad anyone have any pointers now as ive nearly given up :lease:

just to update i can get the xbox to work if i leave the tv on so it heats the board up after about a hour or so? any ideas out there

Ok, you asked for it. What did you expect from a TV sold in an auction, there was a reason it was being sold there, it was not working properly, you had no chance to see it working, you bought it cheap and you cannot take it back for a replacement. Best thing for you to do is to see if your household insurance covers it.

i only bought this tv to use as a second ive replaced all the boards and was asking for advice not sarcasm yes i know not everything works from a auction but at least ive had a go at fixing rather than just throwing it away

It was not sarcasm, but just telling you truth. It will probably cost you more to cure the problem than to get a new set to be honest. I would suggest contacting LG as you could pay them to fix it but as soon as they see you have had a go at fixing it they probably would refuse to do the job. Only other thing to do is scour the 'Net to see if you can find the parts you need. As long as its not the screen itself that's the issue that is.

ive changed all boards could be screen or wires i just dont know it works in a fashion now lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom