LG 42lc2d Any Good??

K

kornoground

My dad wants to buy this telly for the living room and I want to know if it is any good and at what price you guys would reckon purchasing it? Thanks

Any1 got this telly and would like to comment?? Also anyone recommend any other lcd tellys around that price range?? gotta be 42 inch tho!!

I've seen a lot of talk about that toshiba. Is it like the best 42in lcd telly out there??

Its just that the resolution (1920x1080) is much higher than most LCD's and the fact that it has 2 HDMI sockets !. What video & High Definition TV magazine rated it 5/5 in this months mag.

wow 1920x1080 + 2 hdmi. The lg only has 1366x768 and 1 hdmi. So very noice!! Whats the cheapest price that you can get the toshiba for??

and where did you get it from? I've looked at the review on cnet and it says its got Poor standard-definition picture quality; plasticky build; only one RGB Scart; unresponsive remote. It also says that it is the cheapest full def telly around!! Your thoughts??

kornoground said:
and where did you get it from? I've looked at the review on cnet and it says its got Poor standard-definition picture quality; plasticky build; only one RGB Scart; unresponsive remote. It also says that it is the cheapest full def telly around!! Your thoughts??

Yeah must admit the downside is that there is only 2 scart sockets and only one that takes RGB, but with 2 HDMI sockets that isnt a problem. At the moment the dvd player and sky both use scart but will use HDMI on the 42inch Tosh.Therefore freeing up the scart sockets for other stuff !!. Ive heard about the remote being "not the best" but im honestly buying the tv for its HD picture quality and my XBOX 360. Apparently the blacks on this TV are very good compared to most other LCD's aswell.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom