lg 42LB1DB today

right im off to buy the lg 42LB1DB,well not buy as such as im exchanging my 42" panny px70 for it due to problems ive had with the tv,so ill post up my thoughts later when i get back,ill be testing it with virgin media+ and ps3,bluray,wii,upscaled dvd for anyone thats interested :thumbsup:

cheers paul

right tv has all been set up and been messing around with it,the main things that stood out for me was the sound :eek: amazing best tv for sound i have owned,also the blacks are fantastic considering how poor blacks are on lcd,sd is not as good as the px70 i had but thats to be expected,hd is on par with the px70 and better than my tosh 32wlt66,freeview is superb,have not tested my ps3 or wii yet but ill get round to that later tonight :thumbsup:

overall so far id give the tv the following ratings

sound 5/5
picture sd 3.5/5
picture hd 5/5
picture upscaled tv 4.5/5
ps3 - yet to be tested via hdmi
wii - via componant yet to be tested

great tv for the money and looks much more classy in the flesh

cost 850 pounds :)

A

Analogue

You say SD not very good but Freeview superb? Please explain?

Please give impression per SD Source

Analogue
Inbuilt freeview tuner
VM

Is the VM connected via HDMI?

Thanks

You say SD not very good but Freeview superb? Please explain?

Please give impression per SD Source

Analogue
Inbuilt freeview tuner
VM

Is the VM connected via HDMI?

Thanks
dont know why but i just find the freeview better than sd through vm via hdmi :confused: analogue is ok but bottom of the list,im sure ill tell better once the picture has been running for a few hundred hours :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom