LG 42LB1DB - How canI remove the swivel base

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by tk_davies, May 5, 2007.

1. tk_davies

tk_davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a LG 42LB1DB today with the intention to wall mount but have been unable to work out how to detach the exisiting swivel base. any help very much appreciated

2. bluhawk1875

bluhawk1875
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I received a LG42 LC2D ( similiar mount I suspect ) today and needed to remove the swivel base , a quick hunt on the forums to no avail , apart from your post !!

However after a little detective work there are four large cross head screws one pair to each side just above the top of where the bracket disappears into the body . Remove these and then the pedestal slides out .

Good Luck

Simon

3. bong_ging

bong_ging

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hell0 Simon!

We bought an LG LB2DE and we tryied to detach the swivel base for hours without success. We tried to remove every single screw that we can see (except the ones that you mentioned). We looked into the LG Manual provided plus we've searched their website hoping to find the instructions to no avail.

Thank goodness we came across your blog and at last we were able to mount this wonderful TV into the wall! whew!

Excellent detective work. We appreciated it a lot. Thank you very much!

ging

4. Shockeh

Shockeh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First time post....

So, I was Googling around, and hoping someone else had achieved this with the 42LB1DB, because I certainly can't. There are 2 screws that look to be mounting screws in terms of size & location, but removing them doesn't seem to be shifting it at all.

So, did anyone ever have any luck with this? There's unfortunately no mention in the manual, which is driving me nuts! :)

Any takers?