LG 42 LCD TV - Picture goes black......

shog109

Standard Member
I have had this tv for 6 weeks now but when I watch a dvd the screen goes black every now and again for between 1 and 30 seconds but there is still sound... very frustrating! Can anyone please help me.. My dvd/home cinema system is Samsung HT-X30..

Cheers

splinters69

Distinguished Member
But what model is it? I have a 42 LC55 and i only experience a black screen when swapping inputs which is normal.

splinters69

Distinguished Member
No it is not normal but not necessarily the tv. Have you checked all connections and connecting equipment? Is it getting multiple signals that may be causing it to 'switch'?
Once you have checked all the other equipment and connections, then you can start looking at the tv as the culprit.

shog109

Standard Member
thanks mate... yes all connections are fine and it did it again last night, the screen does have a very faint luminence but no picture if that makes sense.. could it be the dvd player or maybe the resolution settings???

Cheers

shog109

Standard Member
Could it be the quality of HDMI cable or the fact that I have the 1080i upscaling fron the dvd and its a 1080p tv. Also the sound sometimes goes well out of sync from sky via optical, I have to turn the sky box off at the mains and it then works... any ideas.. someone please help.

Cheers

ib1-2

Standard Member
I've been having problems with my LG 42" LCD tv as well. Screen goes blank for a couple of seconds then back to normal. Doesn't matter what source I'm watching, Sky, DVD or Wii. Sky and DVD are HDMi and Wii is component. May happen 2 or 3 times a night. TV is less than a year old and the problem started about 2 weeks ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom