LG 42" LA620V bad backlight bleed ???

joff81

Established Member
Reaction score
I am on my 2nd set now and as the first one had a bad banding issue and now on the replacement I seem to be finding quite a few issues that's irritating me.

The first is the DSE although not as bad as my first set its still noticeable especially on football so I'm not happy about that.

Second is the fact the top corners are slightly darker than the rest of the panel.

Third when watching a blu ray today I noticed what I thought was a little bit of backlight bleed in the bottom left so I thought I would check it out.

Here is attached a pic of what I found (the white dot is to stop the backlight dimming completely). The backlight was set to 48 out of 99.

Would you guys/girls say this is bad or normal for a 2013 LG TV and does it warrant another replacement ?

Thanks
Joff

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 2,972
Last edited:
Looks par for the course to me I'm afraid, so you will probably be constantly irritated by this no matter how many times you swap it.

You could get a Panasonic TX-P42GT50 for the same money... can you exchange?

I am on my 2nd set now and as the first one had a bad banding issue and now on the replacement I seem to be finding quite a few issues that's irritating me.

The first is the DSE although not as bad as my first set its still noticeable especially on football so I'm not happy about that.

Second is the fact the top corners are slightly darker than the rest of the panel.

Third when watching a blu ray today I noticed what I thought was a little bit of backlight bleed in the bottom left so I thought I would check it out.

Here is attached a pic of what I found (the white dot is to stop the backlight dimming completely). The backlight was set to 48 out of 99.

Would you guys/girls say this is bad or normal for a 2013 LG TV and does it warrant another replacement ?

Thanks
Joff

Hi joff, have you updated to the latest F/W ( 03.20.04.) on the LG website
here is the link ,LG 42LA620V Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG UK

Yea the update was done last Saturday but to be honest I can't see what the update actually changed other than slowing down the smart side of the tv.

Hi joff, the 620v seems to be full led backlit, maybe you should try last years model which is edge lit, check out page 26 #779, of the 670T thread were I posted some videos of my 670T .

Here is a pic of the banding/DSE issue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 3,254
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom