LG 42 inch LCD display picture

pstones578

My mates just got a £1000 worth of a screen from LG. The PQ leaves a lot to be desired. Everything looks like the bitrate is too low, blocky etc. Anyone else experienced this on their screens?

stainway

You should get probably more reactions on the LCD forum.

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
My mates just got a £1000 worth of a screen from LG. The PQ leaves a lot to be desired. Everything looks like the bitrate is too low, blocky etc. Anyone else experienced this on their screens?

It’s quite normal for an S-IPS screen but it shouldn't be that bad. Did he calibrate the LCD?

pstones578

He's bought a callibration disc but not gone through it yet. Compared ty my plasma his scren doesn't fair well. That said though my screen was £2000 and his was £1000

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
It’s a know fact that LCD pixelates the image but S-IPS with overdrive makes it worse. There are some calibration tips on my guide that should help.

PS: Did he disable such features as dynamic contrast, noise reduction, edge enhancer etc...?

pstones578

I'll send him a link to this as he might not have checked the things you mention. Where is this guide that you speak of?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom