LG 3DTV USB Connection To A Lacie Network Space 2, Can it be done?

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by Pienewman, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Pienewman

Pienewman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Long time lurker and first time poster. Usually AV forums contain all the information i have ever needed apart from today.

Does anyone know if the LaCie Network Space 2 can be read on a LG TV and can it be used for 3DTV playback (.mkv files between 8gig and 18gig+) via the USB

LG THE NEXT GENERATION 3D TV - 47LW450U - 47" Full HD LED Cinema 3D TV with 400Hz (MCI) - LG Electronics UK
    This is the model of TV I have. I have successfully played 3D mkv files through a 16gb flash drive

The LaCie Network Space 2 is a networked HDD with the ability to partition off some of the space as a standard USB drive.

I would be using it as 90% USB drive and 10% as a network drive, this is because I will be using the TV to play back the majority of things and copying from my laptop to the network drive partition and then moving it over to the USB partition.

What i don't want to do is shell out £139 for the LaCie drive to find out it doesn't work.

Hope the above makes sense, All the things i have read suggests it can be done but nothing confirms it.

Thanks for you time

2. maf1970

maf1970

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    According to the user manual on the LaCie website the USB partition has a max size of 500Gb.(regardless of whether it is a 1Tb or 2Tb model). This piece of info alone knocks your idea on the head.

IMHO I think you are looking at the wrong area. If your TV was old and had no modern connections other than USB then it would be right but your TV has HDMI. I think you would be better off investigating networked media players. This would allow it to be connected to the network and TV and use the same space rather than the seperate partitions on the Network Space 2. Have a look at -

LaCie - LaCinema Classic HD
    LaCie - LaCinema PlayHD