1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lg 39" Rear Projection Tv

Discussion in 'TVs' started by southpaw, Dec 30, 2003.

1. southpaw

southpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

I was in Comet today and saw this tv on sale for £799.

http://www.24-7electrical.com/epages/twentyfourseven.storefront/EN/Product/lgre39nz40rb

Although the panel looked cheap the picture looked amazing! Can anyone give any advice or thoughts on this tv especially any owners.

Obviously Price is important but (I want the best for the cheapest just like everyone else) I don't know what to buy. RearProjection or normal Widescreen Tv?

The bigger screen the better.:smashin:

2. Gillious

Gillious
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    get a 42" 42PW23 Tosh you can pick them up for about £850 inc vat. One thing to note is the tosh does not have 100hz, however I happen to hate the images that are produced by most 100hz sets.

3. southpaw

southpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    What is 100 hz etc.

I did notice that a few tvs there had strange pictures like a bad digital picture.:confused:

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    100hz refers to the scan rate for the picture,and admittedly some 100Hz sets can give a fairly poor picture,but to be fair to the Toshibas,the 100Hz scan on these is generally excellent,and mine has given no picture problems at all.

As to the Samsung,I looked at all of the major RPTV manufacturers when I bought mine(Sony,Toshiba,Samsung etc)and found the Sony and the Toshibas gave by far the best picture quality,with the Samsung very short on contrast and definition.

Also,if choosing a set in the shop,get the sales staff to hook up a DVD player direct into a few sets of your choice,and use a DVD you're familiar with...well worth the effort in helping you choose,as the shop video feed is usually pretty awful,and will make even a very good set look bad.

5. southpaw

southpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thats a great idea alexs2. I did think that probably a lot is to do with the scart setups that they have or having so many tvs next to each other and connected to each other!