• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 37SL8000 backlight issue

Smowza

Novice Member
New registration to the forum but long time viewer,

I have a LG 37SL8000 tv which i purchased about 2 1/2 years ago, for the last 6 months its developed patchy backlight problems. If you look at a white picture it has dark patches streaking accross.... very annoying.

The company i purchased it from (online) were bought out by another company who now have no records of the older customer orders :mad: so even though it's clearly a manufacturing fault and less than 6 years old they refuse to help me in any way.

Apart from spending another fortune on a tv do i have any other options? i bought an expensive tv and have previously always gone for sony tv's but i thought i'd give LG a spin.... obviously that was my first mistake as my last sony tv is still going strong 6 years later (which i gave to parents).

I tried with LG customer service as previously with a lcd PC monitor they were very helpfull, but this time they were just not helpful in the slightest.

Any help LG?? :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom