1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lg 37lz55

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by ZaforZ, Sep 30, 2005.

1. ZaforZ

ZaforZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't seen any comments about the LG RZ-37LZ55 LCD-television here yet? It seems to be on stock in a few webstores already, and at a very good price. (in Germany under 1700€). It seems to have good specs, and it's good looking too.

For some reason the UK site only lists the 32" version, but e.g. the German and Swedish sites have the 37" version also listed.

Any reason why I shouldn't buy this one?

http://de.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.d...d=01&modelCodeDisplay=RZ-37LZ55&model=NOTHING

2. sapperjohn

sapperjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Noticed komplett now advertising the LG RZ37LZ55 at £1249. Whereas Currys and Dixons are advertising at £2199.

The specs look very good. Komplett price looks more in line with Euro prices.

3. Mattw

Mattw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got one of these tv's. I nearly ordered one today but thought I'd better check some reviews first.

Any help appreciated!

4. sapperjohn

sapperjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Not sure that it has been released yet. I have a Hitachi 37ld6600 on order but this looks to have superior spec. Contemplating cancelling the Hitachi and ordering the
    LG. Decisions Decisions

5. freekb

freekb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just noticed they're selling the 32LP1R - that's a euro, rather than UK model.... The uk has the 32LP1D. Make sure your model is UK.
    I'd beware of Komplett - other people have had a 2-3 month warranty grief story with them. Prices are good - but you get what you pay for it seems.

6. sapperjohn

sapperjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Good spot freekb :smashin: .The Komplette LG has an additional RZ in the in its product code which again could signify a European model. After reading DownToTheBone's post regarding komplette I think I'll just save myself the angst and leave my order for the Hitachi where it is.

cheers

Sapperjohn

7. El lolo

El lolo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I'm seriously considering this set as i'm looking for a good 37'' LCD with 1:1 pixel mapping for my HTPC (LG products seem to be very good at this, using VGA or even HDMI/DVI). The set seem to have everything needed in terms of connectivity and also able to be controled by the PC through serial port :cool:

But i can't find so far any review (only few on other LG sets)

Is there a 37LZ55 owner here that could share info on the PQ, black levels and latency ?

8. mehogie1

mehogie1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Anybody got the LG RZ-37LZ55, I was wondering if anybody knows if it has DVI-I and if so, could you get 1368x768 out of it?

9. alanrr

alanrr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the lge australian site seems to have info on this model

10. nburcombe

nburcombe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
  11. stefmcd

stefmcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7

This TV is outstanding. It is basically like the LX2R but with a 37 inch picture. Those 5 inches really look big when you see each set side by side. On a hi-def feed this set has provided the most breathtaking picture I've ever seen. The display of decent digital channels is very satisfactory while the dvd image is very impressive.

I spent ages looking for a set and was open-minded about plasma or lcd. I boiled it down to Panny TH42PE50, Hitachi PD6600 and this set. All of which could be had for less than 1500 pounds. I've have no doubt that I would have been pleased with any of them. I just felt that the higher resolution of the LG would mean I would be happier for longer. I don't see me feeling the need to replace this within 5 years. Added to the fact it can be had for 1200 pounds and you have a great set for an excellent price.

Of course durability is yet to be proven but that is the case with any set.

:)

12. jef27nld

jef27nld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, just ordered one myself. But only saw it in shop with standard tv. I gonna use it mainly for pc and xbox360/ps3.

But can a owner of this tv post some pics off it with pc connected and xbox360 ?

Your help is very much appreciated ! :clap:

:lease:

13. stefmcd

stefmcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Here's some pics of dvd (component) and dreamcast (vga)

Attached Files:

14. stefmcd

stefmcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Some more

Attached Files:

15. jef27nld

jef27nld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steff !

What a beutiful setup you have there, and in two weeks iv got my own also :)

Thnx for the pics ! The game pics are from old xbox or ps2 ? How you connected the ps2 ? with component ?

Also have you done the border switching from grey to black ?

What you think are the pros and cons of this tv ?

Again thank you very much ! :))

16. jef27nld

jef27nld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol too busy too just viewed your pics. Oh its a dreamcast haha.

17. stefmcd

stefmcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yep its dreamcast via vga. Switched border from grey to black.

Pros - Nice styling. Vivid colours. Plentiful connections. PIn sharp on hi-def -simply the best image I've ever seen on a tv.

Cons - ........erm...................well.............it could be bigger!

18. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Can you tell me what the blue lights on you set are for is it a ambi light feature.

19. stefmcd

stefmcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7

That's the idea - 21 quid from Ikea.

20. jef27nld

jef27nld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool. Ill gonna get it too i think.

Have you connected a pc also on it by the way ?

21. stefmcd

stefmcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7

Nope - only have one hi-def demo downloaded from microsoft - the T2 one - when i've downloaded the rest I'll hook my pc up.

22. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Wow I've just seen one of these in Currys and I've gotta say it's probably the best HD pic I've yet seen, it just looked so vibrant, sounds cheesy and a cliche but the picture truly was very 3D like, really popped out of the screen. I think my mind is made up just from seeing that, truly impressive.

£1499 in currys.

23. freekb

freekb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't trust HD demos - they're designed to show off the best aspects of LCD TVs while hiding their worst.

The Sony HD demo at my local sony was just ridiculous, slow camera pans of bright summertime 'city sights'. Nothing was moving, nothing was black - almost a slide show of a city. It looked really good, no doubt about it, but it's seriously dishonest to their customers.

24. stefmcd

stefmcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Well I've just watched my first hd movie on this set - Shaun of the dead.

It was a beautiful experience. I'll post some pictures in the next few days plus some of T2.

25. SaJe

SaJe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes, please do! :)

26. ohanlon

ohanlon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let me know if I'm being stupid, but how did you watch it in HD? Wouldn't you need a HD-DVD player? And are certain DVD's HD?

27. stefmcd

stefmcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry for delay - will post in next 2 days. Waiting to add 2 other films. There will be a few nice shots!

28. Craig123

Craig123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my LG 37LZ55 on Monday, and it is a truly nice bit of kit. Over the last four days I have been increasingly pleased with it. The only thing that bugged a bit was that when I pressed the input button on the remote the telly would lock up. You couldnt do a thing with it, couldnt power off nothing. The only way to get the telly back was to unplug it.

This happened twice and I thought it best to call the number needed to report this to Currys. After sometime on the phone I spoke to a suprisingly knowledgable guy. He asked me to turn off the scart control in sky to see if this helped the matter, what followed next was the image on the telly moved from side to side very gently and didnt stop until the scart control was turned back on.

Upon the conclusion of this the guy issued me a returns number for the store for replacement, I was really suprised that it would come to that so soon, I had only owned the lcd four days.

One thing that is worth bearing in mind which I discovered tonight is that LG lcd are not covered in the 28 day Currys thing, they dont tell you this in the store, it is in fact 21 days, so outside that it's a repair man, and not a Mastercare one either. They will refer you to an LG repair outlet.

My advice, get the telly but watch it very carefully in the first few days, and query anything your not happy with instantly, thats if you bought it from Currys.

I'm getting my new one delivered Wednesday and I shall put it heavily under the spotlight.

Hope this helps someone.

Regards

29. Craig123

Craig123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No DVI but it does support DVI to HDMI no bother, I run my media centre through it.

Regards

Craig

30. Craig123

Craig123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is bang on, take Star Wars Episode three along with you and get them to put it through the set using the interface you will use, ie HDMI, Component, whatever.
    I tried Episode three on advice from others on the forum, due to the blacks generated in the film.