• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 37LG3000 black problem

The Eggman72

Established Member
Hi peeps have bought the 37LG3000 today and am happy with the set picture is awesome for the price (360/Hd DVDs and blurays) but blacks in one corner the <<<< left it seem to be a little lighter(a light whiteish tinge not alot.. noticed this on my NEC pc lcd too)than the other is this common on lcds due to them not be to great with blacks ??..any one got a guide to setting it up correctly settings etc...Any help much appreciated I know what a helpful knowledge able lot you are..Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

J4CK DANIELS

Established Member
Hi peeps have bought the 37LG3000 today and am happy with the set picture is awesome for the price (360/Hd DVDs and blurays) but blacks in one corner the <<<< left it seem to be a little lighter(a light whiteish tinge not alot.. noticed this on my NEC pc lcd too)than the other is this common on lcds due to them not be to great with blacks ??..any one got a guide to setting it up correctly settings etc...Any help much appreciated I know what a helpful knowledge able lot you are..Thanks
Not much you can do about this i'm afraid, its called backlight bleed and it can sometimes be seen from the side of the LCD panel where the module meets the front bezel, the diffusers for the CCFL can sometimes not be the greatest of quality and you get slight imperfections at the edges. it's something all LCD's can suffer from but the more you pay the less likely of it happening!!.....:thumbsdow

The Eggman72

Established Member
Nature of the beast then :) picture is still awesome on it for the money ........Not really noticeable tbh Ive heard its even on some of the big brands it's the nature of the technology..

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom