LG 37LC55 anyone got any info on it?

B

baritoni

Well it depends how you look at it:

LC55:
-Better SD (including DVD) picture
(as most will view SD at least 90% or maybe even 100%)
-cheaper
-37" 6ms

LF65/66:
-Better 1080p when viewed from 3ft
-Better resolution for PC-use
-Pure black technology
-37" 8ms

At size of 37" Full-HD does not make much of a difference as a TV. For PC-use from 3ft.

edit:eek:oooh the spelling and some more info

L

lemel

Been looking at the LG37LF66 today....it looks good and at £699 seems good value for money considering the full 1080p.

Trouble is there is so little info out there on it, and my question is is it really worth investing a little more in a 1080 set...if your not planning to use HD-DVD or Blu-ray?? Over a known good picture quality set like the samsung LE37R87, with has 1366x768 at £100 less??

Such a tough decision.. :confused:

B

baritoni

Been looking at the LG37LF66 today....it looks good and at £699 seems good value for money considering the full 1080p.

Trouble is there is so little info out there on it, and my question is is it really worth investing a little more in a 1080 set...if your not planning to use HD-DVD or Blu-ray?? Over a known good picture quality set like the samsung LE37R87, with has 1366x768 at £100 less??

Such a tough decision.. :confused:

For TV and DVD use you don't get anything by investing in Full-HD. 37" doesn't even get any better than 1366x768 when watched more than 5 feet even on hd-dvd.

Only thing I can think of is if you use the screen for PC. Then you might consider full-HD.

L

lemel

For TV and DVD use you don't get anything by investing in Full-HD. 37" doesn't even get any better than 1366x768 when watched more than 5 feet even on hd-dvd.

Only thing I can think of is if you use the screen for PC. Then you might consider full-HD.

Thanks baritoni, your right, i might use it for connecrtion to my laptop, but for now its just TV-DVD use, oh and for XB360... just got in the back of my mind that maybe i will get myself a HD player, possibily for the 360 so just dont want to limit myself for the sake of £100 you know...might kick myself later... :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom