Lg 37lc2db

R

robblij

Anyone own this?

I have seen it at the store, was going to go for the Tosh 37WLT66 but this looks 1000 times better and its cheaper (1 HDMI connection only but for the picture quality and style is it worth it)

Where did you see it running? LG generally supply there very own hi bit rate HD PC Box which gives an amazing picture, but getting somthing like that in the home would be near impossible.

The Tosh gives an excllent standard defination picture and has twin HDMI slots for future use.

I'm considering both these set myself, but the LG tends to give a low quality picture on standard defintion and black levels are very dark losing detail.

I disagree I went into currys today and compared both side by side on standard def, digital sky and HD and the LG was BY FAR superior. I have been researching the TOSH for about 2 months and was going to buy it on Thursday when I get paid but thought hey why not go in one more time and see if maybe I am wrong. I could not stop looking at the LG, the picture is as good as any other HD at double the price.

Check this link out, it sold me after seeing it in real life...
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/prod...ZDcL91H0PSfYGBvvKYWN!1403084747!1156186683212

This is not the B (37LC2D/B) but I think the only diff is the bottom panel is a beatifull silver and not black. Go onto lge.co.uk and download the brochure. The TV looks amazing stylishly as well, the Tosh is a bit bland (obviously this isnt a reason to buy it but it is nice)

i've got the 37'' LC2D and very very happy with it. obviously can't easily compare with other sets as can only afford one LCD :p

works amazingly well with my HTPC box, no complaints at all. Oh ok, the menu system is a bit slow as is changing channels but that's about it really..

I presume its down to what you preffer in the end, i actually work in Currys on the TV dpeapartment an look at the sets for 8 hours a day :), had a play around with the Tosh today with connections and sources and will do the same with LG tommoro, looking to buy on of them within the next week, PC use needed, so will be comparing them tommoro on a Laptop via D-Sub.

look forward to hearing tomorrow what you think, also def wanting for pc connection didnt test that :)

I shall report back with what i think, real dilemma now as can get either set at £900 delivered with staff discount :eek:

Bought my LG 37LC2D from Currys back in May (ready for world cup) after seeing it in showroom. Had been looking and looking for LCD tv for quite some time and was getting really confused and then i saw this one, the picture quality is superb the colours are bright and vivid and this is only in standard def. The DVB is g8, easy to set up and navigate around using remote. It has plenty of connections 3 x scarts, component, HDMI (when i get around to using it). PIP is good fun and really cheeses the wife off as i can now watch two channels at once. And it looks good in the room.
A few downsides, you cant record on DVB with in TV standby, and you have to manually switch between input and once used to no problems. Also the TV always remains in standby when off unless you can get to mains socket.
Apart from that i would recommend this tv to anyone.:thumbsup:

Taken the plunge. Ordered this morning from digital direct will let you guys know.

Hi guys,
my 1st post here on these forums :)

I got a Lg 37lc2db about a week ago now (from digital direct), this is my first big screen lcd (moving from a 24" old panasonic crt set), and overall i am pretty damn happy with it.
The colours seem good, brightness and contrast is also good, I fiddled loads with the setings to get to what i would consider an excellent pic and i also bought a cambridge audio premium scart cable for £20 for sky digi SD
I have sd sky digital via rgb scart and a hardrive divx player (640x480 max res) via composite/d-sub rgb. I am impressed at the pic quality through sky and the hd divx player (even though only 640x480), in built digi freeview and even the rf staions are ok.
Only two real gripe's i have with the set first being when watching using the hard drive dix palyer via d-sub rgb the picture can be a little dark but i'm using the composite out now and although rgb should be better, in this instance for me composite was brighter and still retianed very good pic quality, I was also experiencing this "dark syndrome" on sky digital sd when the picture setting was set to rgb output in sky menu, sky issue was resolved with the purchase of a higher quality scart lead :)
The other bigger gripe (but i can live with it) i have is that the set seems to activate a sharpening filter when picture is static, for instance i was watching football on sky and when the camera pans to the crowds then stops the crowd appear to sharpen camera moves on the shapening effect dissapears, probably the eastiest way to see this sharpening effect is to just scroll through the the sky channels and look at the sceren text it goes from slightly blurry to sharp, when watching tv or films you not gonna really gonna notice it unless your looking for it but for me it is there, does anyone know what setting i can try to avoid this?? or has anyone else noticed this??
My sharpness setting is at 40 odd, i've tried lower figures but i think the pic gets too blury.
I can live with the 2 gripes i have, and as i said earlier i am very happy with this set, real nice pic quality with the sd souces i have hooked to it, hd is gonna look stunning when i eventually hook it up! :)

Hi guys as promised I took the plunge and WOW. I am so happy with this TV I was up till 2:30am this morning playing with it. I bought an HDMI to HDMI cable for my new panasonic home ent dvd system (which upscaled beautifully). The BEAUTY is I also got a DVI to HDMI cable for my laptop and the new HD prison break episodes from the states look absolutely bloody incredible. I spent about 30 minutes setting it up and beleive i have it perfect. The freeview channels are also unvelievably good. I cant actually beleive how good the SD content looks. Going to hook up my Sky tonight via SCART (didnt have time). The HD is incredible and I completely advice getting this television. Incredibly easy to use.

JackL said:
Also the TV always remains in standby when off unless you can get to mains socket.

Does pulling the plug on the TV every evening damage it in any way ?

Thanks Boyo Boyo.
No i dont think pulling the plug does any damage to the TV but it may damage my back as the plug is, unfortunately, placed behind the tv and i cannot reach it. And in being placed there i do not have the un Godly sight of cables everywhere.So for me this is not an option. Thank you anyway:)

Just got hold of one of these "beasts" - anyone care to share their piccie settings?

cheers, got mine at 50 and 50 with the xd engine off. Its gonna take a while to find the right settings. boy is this a monolith ;-)

I've had my LG 37LC2D (my first widescreen and/or LCD TV) for a couple of days. Here's a few of my observations.

Set-up:
LG 37LC2D television
Sony Freeview box
Panasonic A360 DVD Player
Panasonic E85 DVD Recorder

The good:

1. Very good Freeview TV picture quality after extensive tweaking of the brightness, contrast etc.
2. The set is able to display freeview broadcasts even when connected in series with the Freeview box. So I can record off the Freeview box and watch another channel on the TV at the same time.

The not-so-good:

1. Pictures from an RGB source connected to Scart AV1 are too dark. It renders the RGB scart input virtually unusable.
2. Pictures via the component input are too light. It renders the component inputs virtually unusable.

I've had to set it up as follows (if anyone can suggest anything better then please post):

Roof aerial connected to RF input on Freeview box.
RF out on Freeview box connected to RF in on TV.
Freeview box set to S-Video out and connected to scart input on recorder.
Recorder set to S-Video out and scart out and connected to scart input on DVD player.
DVD player set to S-Video out and scart out connected to AV2 scart input on TV.

General TV settings:

Sound: FLAT
XD: OFF
Tint: NOT TINTED

For the TV's own digital TV picture:

Contrast: 61
Brightness: 40
Colour: 43
Sharpness: 50

For the S-Video input:

Contrast: 62
Brightness: 50
Colour: 45
Sharpness: 50

Hope this helps.

This is a post from JackL, earlier in this series of threads.

"Also the TV always remains in standby when off unless you can get to mains socket."
I saw the set today and it has a power switch on the side!

This is a post from JackL, earlier in this series of threads.

"Also the TV always remains in standby when off unless you can get to mains socket."
I saw the set today and it has a power switch on the side!
The switch on the side is only a "stand by" switch, it doesn't switch the power off completely.

No way?!?Aaaggghh.What a crappy flaw!

Do you know if the sony LCD's have proper power off?

I've had the 37LC2D for just over a week now and have franticly been looking for a code to put in my sky+ rev 6 remote so that it operates the set. If anyone can offer assistance on this then I would appreciate it. On the set itself then I have no quarms with it, Excellent picture quality and would highly reccomend it for purchase at its great price. I only paid £830 from Dixons online, What a bargain:smashin:

I've had the 37LC2D for just over a week now and have franticly been looking for a code to put in my sky+ rev 6 remote so that it operates the set. If anyone can offer assistance on this then I would appreciate it. On the set itself then I have no quarms with it, Excellent picture quality and would highly reccomend it for purchase at its great price. I only paid £830 from Dixons online, What a bargain:smashin:

i was just about t shell out 786 smackers for one of these TV's however i use my Sky+ remote almost exclusivley to operate the TV controls , mostly Volume, Mute & STBY.
Are you saying that my Sky+ remote won't operate this set ?? ( I have a Pace V2 Sky+ Box)

Dho! wrong model No. thought this thread related to the 32" however some of my settign may still be valid
RE Settings.
I've calibrated mine using the THX optimiser and also ran an old downloaded copy DVD essentials on it to check.
Using my DVD via HDMI I have;
Contrast 85
Brightness 56
Colour 40
Sharpness 41
Tint -2
Colour Neutral
XD off
Cinema On
Black Level low (Only available via HDMI)

It's bright but so are Cinema screens, at these settings you get a full dynamic range of the picture with very little black crushing.

SKY (Sky box contrast set to Low in picture settings)
Contrast 81
Brightness 53
Colour 35
Sharpness 41
Tint 0
Colour Warm
XD off
Cinema On

Give your eyes time to get used to the brightness and dynamic range and you'll be blown away with the pic quality.

Using the sharpness tests on the DVD's there is a leap in sharpness between 40 and 41, I've watched both carefully and the extra sharpness you get from going to 41 didn't cause any nasty artifacts that I could see.

There's another thread on this TV with other Info in. I don't know if the Moderators want to merge the threads.

yes thank god for my whaterver policy i have as i had a samsung le327db or what ever you no the 1 looks great but when i got this baby home the colors were all wrong speakers blew with in 7 weeks and was getting freeview comming through on sky but though i will wait for hd as it will look great ..but then i hit the screen and left a mark on ..and took it back and replaced it with yes lg37lc2db my god what a differance great pic and i dont have hd yet i would say on a scale this 50 per cent better than the samsung picture sound the lot ..it does not look as good as the samsung but i love it so if your out there do not buy a samsung yes this did cost me 1,040 got 50 pound off just by asking for a deal so 200 more but worth ever penny

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom