LG 37LC2D No Sound On Digital

D

dochertyr

I have an LG 37LC2D. Occasionally, when switching to the digital tuner, there is no sound although the picture is fine. Switching the TV off then on cures the problem. The suggestion is that this may be a signal strength or signal quality problem but why then does switching the TV off and on fix the probelm? :confused:

Codehead

Distinguished Member
I have the same problem. I've only had the set a week (read the views here to help make up my mind :D .)

I happened on the second day, and again this morning. Today's incident took a couple of on/off cycles to fix the problem.

I seems to happen when I've left the set on the component input (Xbox360) when it's turned off at night. In the morning, switch the set on, switch to DTV input and there's no sound.

Can anyone else confirm that this causes it or is it a random problem? :lease:

Other than that I'm very happy with the TV. It was a bit dark with the 360 to start off with and the XD processing destroys some (highly compressed) TV channels. But overall, I'm happy with it.

Codehead

Distinguished Member
Suppose I should post the resolution to this.

I got a replacement set from PC World after some wrangling with their helpdesk. They said that the no sound issue was not on their list of common faults for what it's worth.

The new set is fine and has never produced the no sound problem.

D

dochertyr

:rolleyes: Well, my LG is back at the workshop for a second time, this time because every so often when switching on, it comes out of standby then freezes with no picture, no sound and no response to the remote control! Powering off and on 'at the wall' brings it back to life..............

The previous workshop visit apparently applied the latest level of firmware/software but alas, the problem was back the day after it's return.............:mad:

Codehead

Distinguished Member
Old thread revival, but I've been getting the same freezing issue.

It generally goes that if AV1 is selected at switch on, the channel/info banner comes up at the top right, but the set occasionally freezes up.

Normally I pull the plug to fix it, but the other day, I left it alone for a while and it sorted itself out. Looks like it just needs a chance to think about it sometimes. :rolleyes:

AudioSlim

I've had an LC2D for a good few years. Yep common issue I think, mine will often turn on to no picture, just sound. Give it a minute or two and it comes up. Usually happens if you leave it on an input with no signal then turn it on then change channel.

Slim

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom