Lg 32pg6000 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsalvador

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own/have experience of this new 32" plasma tv yet? Please let me know if ye do! esp Sport and SD viewing! Thanks

£499 is a bit pricey for a 32". I wish they brought out a 37".

£499 is a bit pricey for a 32". I wish they brought out a 37".
eh? Sounds a fair price to me! What new release 32" LCD can you get for that price? :eek: Go for the panny 37" if you want one that size px80.

Last edited:
I find this very interesting indeed, was going to plump for the Panasonic TH37PX80 which I can pick up for approx £480 with discount vouchers and quidco;) but might wait a week or two to see if we have any reviews for this particular model as the specs (on paper) seem pretty sensational.

get it ordered* and post the first review on the internet then Mr. Guinea Pig (you will be famous I promise):rotfl:

*once it comes in stock of course:eek:

Oh where did you order it from then mate??:clap:

Let me know how it performs when you get it set up and working as I am ditching my new LCD (cannot stand the motion blur on freeview:suicide:) for this model if it seems OK.:thumbsup:

Ordered it from the co mentioned above and via quidco for an extra £9 off. Its being dispatched direct from LG and should be here middle of next week all going well! Will of course post an update on performance when it arrives.

Nice one bobsalvador!!:D
I hope everything goes ok and the TV turns out to be a wee cracker, let us know how you find it ...

I too would be interested in hearing what this LG 32PG6000 is like. Its the first 32" Plasma I've heard of.

Well the TV arrived today and I have to say its SPECTACULAR. :thumbsup:

Bit of a pain in that it doesn't come with the pedestal stand pre-attached especially as I was chomping at the bit to check it out! But that aside the setup is simple and the PQ on all feeds is superb. I had an LCD tv prior to this and recently returned the award winning Panasonic LZD85 as it was abysmal for watching sport (see earlier comments in other posts). This tv has great settings straight out of the box and the tweaking ability more than satisfies me which is another area where the Panasonic left me cold (I mean why not have numerical values for your settings-crazy Panny loons). The on screen menu is simplicity itself and the remote control is far superior in terms of quality and function to the aforementioned Panny. (plus it works wherever in the room I point it whereas the panny has a limited field of remote function which annoyed the Hell out of me)
The freeview quality is great as is even the basic aerial fed picture! I didnt realise until now just what a difference there is between plasma and lcd pictures. No glaring unnatural 'American like' pictures on this set unlike the lcds I have had. Its a much warmer picture and more in keeping with the CRT feel of old. Sport is fantastic on it which is my main requirement.
It has a plethora of connections 4 hdmi, component and a handy usb port where you can access your photos or music files!

Sound is more than adequate with game,sport cinema music and standard with srs xt surround.- plus again plenty of tweakability in the menu system. The clear voice function is also there for the hard of hearing.

Now to the aesthetics- Simply stunning with its smooth glass frameless design and piano black colour. Had a tense 5mins where I thought the screen had swirly scratch marks on it only to realise that I hadn't removed the protective film covering the screen!!! Phew! :eek:

In a nutshell this tv should make LG a fortune as it fills a massive gap in the 32" tv market. I would have no hesitation in recommending this over ANY lcd in its size range or bigger.

If you are like me and want to have a living room where the tv blends in nicely and doesn't scream at you like pubescent teenager, then there is nothing out there that touches this tv. Ok its not 1080p but so what? I want to make the most out of whats available today not whats going to be around more in 5years time. The PQ on SD suits me just fine and I am sure the 1080i will be more than pleasing when I get a source feed for it.

The price, the quality, the style and most importantly the function dictates that this tv should be the number one best seller for LG. Look and learn Panasonic.

Well the TV arrived today and I have to say its SPECTACULAR. :thumbsup:

Bit of a pain in that it doesn't come with the pedestal stand pre-attached especially as I was chomping at the bit to check it out! But that aside the setup is simple and the PQ on all feeds is superb. I had an LCD tv prior to this and recently returned the award winning Panasonic LZD85 as it was abysmal for watching sport (see earlier comments in other posts). This tv has great settings straight out of the box and the tweaking ability more than satisfies me which is another area where the Panasonic left me cold (I mean why not have numerical values for your settings-crazy Panny loons). The on screen menu is simplicity itself and the remote control is far superior in terms of quality and function to the aforementioned Panny. (plus it works wherever in the room I point it whereas the panny has a limited field of remote function which annoyed the Hell out of me)
The freeview quality is great as is even the basic aerial fed picture! I didnt realise until now just what a difference there is between plasma and lcd pictures. No glaring unnatural 'American like' pictures on this set unlike the lcds I have had. Its a much warmer picture and more in keeping with the CRT feel of old. Sport is fantastic on it which is my main requirement.
It has a plethora of connections 4 hdmi, component and a handy usb port where you can access your photos or music files!

Sound is more than adequate with game,sport cinema music and standard with srs xt surround.- plus again plenty of tweakability in the menu system. The clear voice function is also there for the hard of hearing.

Now to the aesthetics- Simply stunning with its smooth glass frameless design and piano black colour. Had a tense 5mins where I thought the screen had swirly scratch marks on it only to realise that I hadn't removed the protective film covering the screen!!! Phew! :eek:

In a nutshell this tv should make LG a fortune as it fills a massive gap in the 32" tv market. I would have no hesitation in recommending this over ANY lcd in its size range or bigger.

If you are like me and want to have a living room where the tv blends in nicely and doesn't scream at you like pubescent teenager, then there is nothing out there that touches this tv. Ok its not 1080p but so what? I want to make the most out of whats available today not whats going to be around more in 5years time. The PQ on SD suits me just fine and I am sure the 1080i will be more than pleasing when I get a source feed for it.

The price, the quality, the style and most importantly the function dictates that this tv should be the number one best seller for LG. Look and learn Panasonic.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you have answered my prayers dude!!! this is the tv which WILL replace my (going pink) 25" sony trinitron tube :D thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahah NO LCD RUBBISH FOR ME :D

i must ask you, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you include pics... from ALL angles including the remote :p lots and lots :p:p:p

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you have answered my prayers dude!!! this is the tv which WILL replace my (going pink) 25" sony trinitron tube :D thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahah NO LCD RUBBISH FOR ME :D

i must ask you, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you include pics... from ALL angles including the remote :p lots and lots :p:p:p

my camera is crap but here are some pics http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2guzf2f&s=4

http://i37.tinypic.com/11hrqyt.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/fw3g2h.jpg

PS the pics don't do the tv any justice as it truly is piano black smooth and gorgeous looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, also a big thanks from me Bob:smashin:

I'm sorely tempted to buy one of these now!

Julie

whats the contrast like? good colour depth/black level?

i read somewhere it supports deep colour which is aweeeeeeesome :D

have you connected a games console up to it? how is it for games?

Bob

Can you do a piccie including your TV Unit. I'm torn between 32 LG and 37 Panny and your TV unit looks surprisingly like mine.

The 32 would be approx 4 cms shorter than my unit, the 37 is 1cm wider.

Thanks
Charles

whats the contrast like? good colour depth/black level?

i read somewhere it supports deep colour which is aweeeeeeesome :D

have you connected a games console up to it? how is it for games?

Awesome blacks like any plasma and colours are brilliant. Sorry not a gamer so can't comment! I think LCDs are better for gaming from what people say though?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob

Can you do a piccie including your TV Unit. I'm torn between 32 LG and 37 Panny and your TV unit looks surprisingly like mine.

The 32 would be approx 4 cms shorter than my unit, the 37 is 1cm wider.

Thanks
Charles

Charles- will try later but after my experience of Panny lcds I wouldn't touch one over this. Obviously the panny plasmas may be better than the lcds but you won't be disappointred here! Seriously, I predict that these are going to fly out of the shops as this is what all 32" tv lovers have been waiting for ie a tv that is good for sport,sd and no doubt hd too. Be a Nike man and do it!

All I wan't to know is what the plasmas native black level is like in a darkened room. The answers will be subjective of course so I eventually have to buy one to find out.
I've sent 2 lcd sets back because blacks were rubbish. (not interested in sports or computer gamming btw).

Glad you are happy with the LG Plasma Bobsalvador:clap:

From your helpful review you seem to have sold me on this little beauty as I have a new Toshiba Regza 32CV505DB LCD at the moment which has superb blacks and great picture quality once a HD source is hooked up but when you watch any sports on Freeview it just becomes one massive blur:thumbsdow. I really can not suffer it any longer and think that all LCD's suffer from this to an extent.

So the only question left is what is the motion handling like on this Plasma when viewing Olympics/Football etc. via the inbuilt tuner is it pretty good??:D

Glad you are happy with the LG Plasma Bobsalvador:clap:

From your helpful review you seem to have sold me on this little beauty as I have a new Toshiba Regza 32CV505DB LCD at the moment which has superb blacks and great picture quality once a HD source is hooked up but when you watch any sports on Freeview it just becomes one massive blur:thumbsdow. I really can not suffer it any longer and think that all LCD's suffer from this to an extent.

So the only question left is what is the motion handling like on this Plasma when viewing Olympics/Football etc. via the inbuilt tuner is it pretty good??:D

Ricky its :thumbsup:. All I can say is that I had high expectations of this tv and they have been surpassed in reality. Motion handling is great. Black levels are fab. Don't just take my word for it- buy one and you'll see.

All I wan't to know is what the plasmas native black level is like in a darkened room. The answers will be subjective of course so I eventually have to buy one to find out.
I've sent 2 lcd sets back because blacks were rubbish. (not interested in sports or computer gamming btw).

Its not dark here yet but it aint been a particularly bright day here in sunny Caerdydd and so far no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom