1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 32LX2R resets to factory default after thunderstorm

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by amorenod, Aug 10, 2005.

1. amorenod

amorenod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Hi,

I live in the NE of Spain in a small town by the meditarranean sea. Short and sudden thunderstorms are quite common here in August & September so, if possible, I'm used to disconnect all electric devices just in case.

However, last night I felt asleep with the TV on (a rare event for me, reason why a never use the tv off timer), and at 4 AM a thunder woke me up in time to see there was no electric power. 2 hours later, all was back to normal and, unfortunately, it was time to wake up. As usual, I've switched on the tv to see the news, only to find that all channels were lost, language back to english, and the borders in 4:3 that I managed to get black in the service menu, were grey again. A visit to the service menu shows the hours used counter back to 0!.

I've corrected all changes, and the tv seems fully operational, but it makes me wonder, because this has never happened with my old TV.

Opinions, recommendations ...

Thanks