LG 32LX2R opinions

shane123456

Standard Member
Has anyone bought this lcd recently,that could post a up to dare review on quallity on SD, HD and pc connectivity.Also any falts to look out for,my tv arrives on monday

badbob

Banned
Had this set for a week, but returned it because it buzzed. Great set for HTPC/PC gaming, but black levels are quite poor and can't adjust backlight.

I think the newer revisions of this screen use a different panel though, new ones have inferior picture quality.

I

InterNUT

Sorry but I have also returned mine, sound cuts out all the time, screen flickers, def. a faulty unit. I have read some great reviews on this but also some very bad ones, a bit mixed, hope your set is okay. :)

shane123456

Standard Member
should i cancel this order,i bought this tv from flatdeal.com..anyone now what they are like for swapping screens if this screen dose come and is not up to scratch

badbob

Banned
You can't cancel the order even before it's arrived just because you might not like it- if it's gone through no way would they cancel it.

Why do you believe it'll be a poor quality screen? :rolleyes:

jsgreen89

Novice Member
I've had this screen for around 9 months.

It's outstanding for PC / HTPC use. HD sources look great on it too. SD performance is pretty average though. Plus in a darkened room the black levels are pretty poor. I was watching "Alien" on DVD last night in the dark and at times the dark scenes were so grey that it was distracting me. It's served me well over the past 9 months, but if I was to buy a TV now i'd definately look for something with better SD quality and deeper blacks.

In the new year i'll be replacing it with a 40W2000, I'm hoping black levels will be a lot better!

badbob

Banned
You haven't even got the set yet! Try it out and see what you think. Most LCD's have poor black levels. You need CRT or Plasma to get true blacks (or DLP for near black, better than LCD)

Although from the time I had it I did think black levels were terrible. Fine for daylight scenes, but during dark scenes it just looked horrid.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom