LG 32LX2R - Fault (Loud Buz)

R

Richard_J

I purchased a LG 32LX2R at the end of July (pretty soon after Comet started selling them), but both screen (two so far) have had an intermitent buz from the top of the screen.....

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

The LCDs great otherwise, with a good pic and variety of connections (inc HDMI) at a reasonlable price.....but once you've taken 2 days off work to wait for the comet engineer.....enough is enough, think I might by a sony KDLS32A12

Richard_J said:
I purchased a LG 32LX2R at the end of July (pretty soon after Comet started selling them), but both screen (two so far) have had an intermitent buz from the top of the screen.....

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

The LCDs great otherwise, with a good pic and variety of connections (inc HDMI) at a reasonlable price.....but once you've taken 2 days off work to wait for the comet engineer.....enough is enough, think I might by a sony KDLS32A12

They should not buzz. It's the reason I went with the LG over the Hitachi.

Mine is so silent that sometimes I'm worried and have to look if it's breathing ;)

Mine also has a noticeable buzz, maybe a backlight issue as the more black on screen the louder the buzz. Pity as I can't fault the screen otherwise. Will be calling Komplett tomorrow to see what they can do. :(

Mine has developed a buzz / humm too.

Seems more notisable when the SRS Wow is turned on, and odly enough more so with the AV1 scart?? (I've swapped the telewest box and dvd player round AV1 and AV2 - deffinatly the same 'extra' buzz from AV1)

considering calling the engineer out from comet, but not sure if its normal??

just purchased the 32lx2r ast week ad an annoying intermittent buzz started on it,after playing about with it for a bit i discovered the buzzing goes away when u are in dynamic mode,comes back again in any other mode,must have something to do with the transformer for the light,the other modes must draw less power os something! hope this helps

Any Buzz is Lightyears away for me! :D

Mine developed a buzz, I ended up getting a comet engineer out.

He took some persuading, but after a little while he agreed it wasnt normal, unfortunatly he initially tried to blame the fan?? My understanding is that LCD's dont have fans, its just the Plasma? I think he was waffling at that point.

Anyway, it was definatly more electrical hum / buzz than a whirring noice. He's authorised a swap out.

I went for a refund instead and saved a couple of hundred pounds by buying the same tv from John Lewis.

Unfortunatly that one had a fault aswell, this time it had what seemed like a couple of lighter spots on the left side of the screen protruding about 2" out from the side.

Finally swapped out once more.

My 3rd set is perfect, great picture & no hum / buzz!

Hi,

A tad off topic but mine is less than a week old and I have spotted 4 stuck pixels, is this enough to get it replace?

Thx.

ManC

Mine has a pixal that when is asked to show black actually lights up R, G B. But when is asked to show any other colour it does, but asked to show black and it goes to bright R, G , B. Strange, but you cannot notice it from more than 2 feet away...and considering it doesnt have a problem with anyother colour but black i havent bothered.

Regarding a swop out on 4, I doubt it, LG's policy is better than the ISO standard which on a 32" screen is a round 12 i think. Phone up and ask I guess.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom