1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 32LX2R - Did we get to the bottom of the RGB question?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by littlealex, Oct 25, 2005.

1. littlealex

littlealex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Title speaks for itself. I'm looking at getting one of these babies but if there's no RGB on AV1 then it won't do the job for me.

Did we get to the bottom of whether RGB is enabled on the 32 as well as the 26?

And what was the verdict on the dark component input whilst we're at it?

Ta :)

2. amorenod

amorenod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Mine has RGB in AV1, and that's a fact. There's no way to get picture with the Dreamcast RGB cable if the input is not RGB. AV1 works, AV2 doesn't

As for component, the discussion is if it's too bright, not dark. I think it's ok, but that's an opinion.

3. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a moan at Comet the other week about problems with the xxLX2R range... I was concerned specifically about the too bright Component...
    But they sent a nice guy round, who reckoned there was a firmware update, which he's going to get. If/when he does, I'll post here, might be an idea to update if it exists.

I suspect the firmware for the 32LX2R and 26LX2R is the same, you can choose between 26" and 32" mode in the service menu.

4. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just repeating what is above,but yes AV1 is RGB,I know as I tried my Sky box on it last night.
    My component appears to be okay but I will be using HDMI when my DVD recorder finally arrives.