LG 32lx2r availability

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by bulldoze, Nov 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. bulldoze

bulldoze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Just been in Currys tonight with the money for an LG 32lx2r and the salesman said it could be 7 weeks to get any new stock! but if I want to order I still have to pay upfront in full now!!!

I would have been happy with the Samsung which would be available tomorrow but my missus wont have it in the house (she says the looks will date rapidly)

Unfortunately I am committed to buying from Dixons/Currys because I have 500pounds of vouchers.

Does anyone know of a store who has the LG in stock?

2. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    The Dixons or Curry Store you went to should know what stock level are like in your area. I though they did as I am sure they use to be able to know.

3. Mad Mark

Mad Mark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I' m after the LG 26LX2R from currys/dixons only coz I have £530 in vouchers but the availability is the same for me too.

I went to my local currys after work tonight and saw the 32" version through a component input and it looked :eek: :eek: :eek: amazing. Bit too big for my bedroom though thats why I want the 26".

Anyone know where there's stock, Essex preferably?

4. bulldoze

bulldoze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    The currys store did know stock levels, none! and they have no idea when LG would make anymore.

5. Mad Mark

Mad Mark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went into Currys today and sure enough they didn't have any of the LG 26LX2R's in stock.

However, they did a check and told me they could order one and I could have it on Thursday. :thumbsup:

Better still they priced matched their web site which knocked off £50 then I had £530 in vouchers (insurance from another TV). At the end I paid £200 for this tv. :eek:

Can't wait to get it. I saw the 32" version though a component input in store and it was bloody amazing.

6. bulldoze

bulldoze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Well I ordered the LG 32LX2R from Currys yesterday, I was told however that they have no idea when they are getting new stock from LG, there is no info in their system at all. so could be 1 week could be 3 months!!!

Does anyone have any info on LG shipping?

7. gary-s

gary-s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went to Curry's here in Ireland for the same TV about a month back. The salesman showed me on the their system that there were none of these TV's in Ireland, none in their shops OR warehouses in the UK either. 2 months "if your lucky" was what he told me

This was the opposite of what another salesman told me THE DAY BEFORE in the same shop (went to price other TV's aswell first). He said if i ordered there and then i would have one within 3-4 days. Dont believe what the salesman tells you :rolleyes:

8. bulldoze

bulldoze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    There does not seem to be as much talk about these tv's as there are about the samsung, toshibas etc, possibly because no one has got them!! surely these places shouldnt push them in the stores if there is none around!!!

9. buzzvinny

buzzvinny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had LG took me about 7wks to get it, had it now 3wks and it's going back faulty picture, ordered another but was told wouldn't get it before xmas so decided on the paany 52, only paid £50 more and the warrenty was £50 more expensive so don't know what went on there.

10. A Legal Beagle

A Legal Beagle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Hi all

Ordered my LG 32LX2R tv from 24/7 electrical about 4 weeks ago.

They told me stocks expected from LG on14th november.(Today) :)

If i dont hear anything by wednesday ill email them. They are normally helpful and reply pretty quickly.

I paid £897 inc FREE Delivery!

11. A Legal Beagle

A Legal Beagle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    :) Hi there

After being told 3 different expected delivery dates(YES 3 different!) by 24/7 electrical. I gave up on them and cancelled my order.

I notice the LG 32LX2R is in stock at john lewis online @ £1095.According to the website in excess of 10 in stock(less mine! he he) not the cheapest but comes with FREE DELIVERY AND 5 YEAR GUARANTEE and given the import problems every other electrical retailer i can find has, i cant complain :)

Rang up to double check and was assured by the excellent staff I spoke to that it was defo in stock.

Delivery within 14 Days. in time for the xbox360 :clap: and xmas! :clap:

check on the link below:-
    http://www.johnlewis.com/Audio+and+...D/230223435/Product.aspx?SearchTerm=lg 32lx2r

Hope this helps

12. Mad Mark

Mad Mark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds good. I'm sure JL wont let you down. Have you ever seen the LG32LX2R in action?

I've seen it at my local Currys displaying a HD source through component and the picture is amazing.

I had an LG26LX2R about 2 weeks ago but it went back coz of problems. I reordered it again today because I think its a great HD TV for the price. Also in the space of 2 weeks since returning my first set it had gone down by £50 at Currys :thumbsup: Paid £702.50. :)

Next a 360 :smashin:

13. A Legal Beagle

A Legal Beagle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    :hiya:

Not bad price at all. Dont trust them lot due 2 bad experciences! 32 2 big 4 ur bedroom eh? iam set up there and i thought sod it cant go lower that 28 coz thats the size my other tv was! lol gonna go on my wall. Hopefully..... lol

Not seen the 32" but seen the 26 and 37 Lg both have excellent pq in HD.

Seen pics on here which owners have posted and again looks excellent!

Got a phone call from john lewis today(yes Sunday!) confirming there delivering it on wednesday the 30th between 7am-2pm!!

Cant F***ing wait!ooooppss getting a little carried away! lol

Bring on the 360 in beautiful HD and dolby digital with my new HC system! :cool:
    :D

Ill post a thread wen it arrives so watch this space.....

c ya all :thumbsup:

14. nickmt

nickmt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dixons at the mery hill shopping center,dudley

15. imtoyoungtodie

imtoyoungtodie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i hav 1 got it about a week ago ur best be is comet in oldbury i walk in and got 1 they had about 4 in stock try to ring them