1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 32LP1D - any info?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Chu321, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chu321

Chu321
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

First post.

I am in the process of trying to decide which 32" LCD television to buy. The advice on here is really useful but the only thing I am sure of is that I am going to buy one. It looks like the Hitachi (32LD7200) is favourite but I am not that sure and want to be as sure as I can that I am making the right choice. I have around £1200 to spend.

Does anyone know anything about this LG model in particular (it must be new I think), or about LG as a manufacturer of LCD televisions? I cannot find much about them on here.

I want the television for Sky/Freeview and DVD's and HD in the future. I can wait if I need to as I know a crop of new televisions are about to enter the market. Should I wait? I know you can wait forever but if something potentially very good in my price range is expected then I would like to be able to consider it.

As much help or guidance as you can offer to clear my indecision will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Llanowar

Llanowar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, for that money the lg or samsung is the way to go...just check them out in the shops for looks etc. and make your decision, can't go really wrong with either :)

3. juggysingh

juggysingh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I have researched numerous forums and websites on the best 32" lcd tv to buy. Initially i placed an order for the Samsung LE32R41BDX, as my previous judgement felt that it ticked all the right boxes for my needs, hdmi, dvb tuner, vesa compliant etc. However, after aquiring more knowledge and understanding within the realms of hd lcd tc's i have realised that the samsung may not be the ideal model for my needs as it does not offer any other input for pcs other than that of d-sub. I know i could use its only hdmi slot in-conjunction with a convertor cable (dvi to hdmi cable, as i have a graphic card with dvi output), but then i would not have the option of using that for other devices, such as next gen consoles & dvd players & sky box etc. Therofore, so far i feel that the LG 32LP1D ticks all the boxes; hdmi, dvi (for supported pc with dvi graphic card output), vesa compliance for using vesa devices for mouting, dvb tuner, component, pip, dual screen, and i can go on!! To be honest i dont thing their is a more comprehensive screen availble which will cater to virtaull everyones needs. But, and here comes the but, their is a quite hefty price tag, so far the cheapest i have seen for this unit is £1, 399 excluding delivery. Last comment, I am no expert, and dont proclaim to be on lcd tvs, just your average consumer who likes to check and research his products b4 he buys, therefore i welcome the more compitent members of the forum to add to any comments i have made. Afterall, my aim is just to buy the best hd lcd tv i can at an affordable price, look forward to your comments, thanks Juggy! :thumbsup:

4. freekb

freekb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I bought it for £1379 from Ask (www.askdirect.co.uk or .com) in tottenham court. I picked it up from their shop - so no shipping charges.

Quite happy with it - PC connectivity works spot on.

5. freekb

freekb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, at Ask also have a massive LG display stand doing the 32, 42 and 55 (50?) inch models and they will play back any source you bring in (I brought a laptop)

6. RockySpieler

RockySpieler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.