LG 32LG5700 or PANASONIC TX-32LXD85

mikebolton

Standard Member
Im looking for a new tv mainly for freeview, dvd maybe some gaming but not alot, ive searched around and found the LG-32LG5700 and the PANASONIC TX-32LXD85 so i need some advise if any1 knows wich is the best tv set out of the 2 ive found them both for around the same price at about £400 give or take any advise appreciated

dmax66

Novice Member
Panasonic all day long. Look at the posts on the forum. I have the 32lxd85 and well pleased. Dvd, games etc excellent :smashin:

Last edited by a moderator:

mikebolton

Standard Member
Panasonic all day long. Look at the posts on the forum. I have the 32lxd85 and well pleased. Dvd, games etc excellent :smashin:
yeah the reviews for the Panasonic is why im considering this tv, looks like a nice set but the LG look like a nice tv aswell and a bargain for a 1080p tv but there doesnt seem to be any posts on the forum for this tv to compare the two for picture quality and sound

heres the LG LG 32LG5700 Full HD Television with Intergrated Freeview - TVs - Beyond Television

Last edited by a moderator:

dmax66

Novice Member
Look at other posts, everyone agrees that 1080p is not necessary at 32". Go you get the Panny.

Shop around and it can be had for a very reasonable cost. Last time I was on Amazon it was £428 but prices do fluctuate. Get an extended warranty.

Drew

D3mon

Standard Member
We've all got to look out for one another these days haha.
If you don't plan on using the TV as a monitor for a PC or for streaming 1080p content then i'd definitley go for the LXD85 for £400

mikebolton

Standard Member
We've all got to look out for one another these days haha.
If you don't plan on using the TV as a monitor for a PC or for streaming 1080p content then i'd definitley go for the LXD85 for £400
yeh ino mate nice 1 anyway i think i am gunna go with the Panasonic seems to fit my needs, was wonderin do all of em come with a free 1 year waranty guaranty or is it just certain sites?

cheers.

Last edited:

dmax66

Novice Member
Got mine at Argos who had the best price at that time. With a free 3 year warranty.

Get you the Panasonic. I have had a number of Panasonic products, dvd player, dvdr, freeview and all have been excellent.

Drew

mikebolton

Standard Member
Got mine at Argos who had the best price at that time. With a free 3 year warranty.

Get you the Panasonic. I have had a number of Panasonic products, dvd player, dvdr, freeview and all have been excellent.

Drew
yeh im gettin the panasonic mate just not from argos at nearly £600, how much you pay for yours, i might give amazon a go at £435 Panasonic TX-32LXD85 - 32" Widescreen HD Ready Viera: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo not sure if it come with waranty though ? or digitech electronics for £438 PANASONIC TX32LXD85 32" HD READY LCD TV 100Hz Motion Picture Pro which comes with a 1 year free waranty

dmax66

Novice Member
Paid £484 for mine 2 months or so ago with a 3 year warranty included.

The price at Amazon looks very good and they offer warranties as well. I think that a 3 year warranty with Allianz will add £56 or so to the price.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom