• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

LG 32LE5900 Screenburn/ghost image On An LCD/LED TV? Help!

Patteh

Standard Member
Hi there,

Just bought this TV: LG 32LE5900 Television - 32" LED TV with Freeview HD, 100Hz, NetCast, 4 x HDMI and USB connectivity - LG Electronics UK
and immediately I have a problem

I bought the set for the freeview HD tuner for the world cup (I wanted a samsung model but couldnt get it). The problem is that "old" images stay on the screen (ghostly image) after they have left the screen.

The most prominent example is when the Teams/Score/Time bar from a football game goes away after the match, it can still be seen in the background for about 10 mins after it has stopped being shown in the actual programme. This also occurs with the TV's menus and even some graphics from adverts/

Any tips/ anyone heard of this before?

Thanks
Patrick

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Most people think Image Retention (IR) is limited to plasma and CRT screens, but it is not unheard of in LCDs - have a read at this.

Don't worry, it very seldom is permanent.

Cheers,

Martin.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom