• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 32LC56 Won't Turn on

y2k

I have had this TV for a while now and I went to turn it on tonight when going to bed and the red light flashes up once and the green light kept flashing when the red went away, the TV is insured does anyone know what the problem is before I ring the insurance company in the morning, the only thing thats plugged in is the PS3 with a HDMI lead.

Thanks

y2k

you tried switching off at mains and unplugging for a few minutes?
Yes it was the first thing I thought of and the only thing I have tried so far, done it 3 times and it still wont turn on.

discover

tried changing the fuse?
try it again tomorrow, if it doesnt switch on unfortunately it may have suffered a premature death.

y2k

tried changing the fuse?
try it again tomorrow, if it doesnt switch on unfortunately it may have suffered a premature death.
I left it off overnight and turned it on this morning, green light flashed for ages then it went on, don't know if the TV is on its way out not as it used to go straight on.

danny houghton

Standard Member
I think its the power supply unit or or the caps need replacing , i have the same problem on my lg 32lc54 . Dont turn it off at night keep it on standby it helps keep the psu warm . In the morning turn it on with the remote and it will flash red then die keep repeating the process and it will turn on . best buy a new P.S.U cost around £60 , its easy to fit .

kelvos77

Standard Member
I had the same problem these tv's have been fitted with the 1000mf 10v caps in the smps board , needs to change them with 1000mf 16v it seems many lcd tv's have the same problem.

I brought multi pack of capaciters from maplins that contained the ones i needed for £5.

my mate then removed and replaced the dead capaciters with a soldering iron.

tv repair shop quoted £120 , a job which cost a fiver and took 15 mins to repair.

dead capaciters will leak or have a curved top instead of a flat top....

danny houghton

Standard Member
:thumbsup:
I had the same problem these tv's have been fitted with the 1000mf 10v caps in the smps board , needs to change them with 1000mf 16v it seems many lcd tv's have the same problem.

I brought multi pack of capaciters from maplins that contained the ones i needed for £5.

tv repair shop quoted £120 , a job which cost a fiver and took 15 mins to repair.

ashbash21

Standard Member

My T.V wouldnt turn on either, the red light flashed went to green and back to red. I found your comment on the potential causes of this problem and decided to check the capacitors on the p.s.u. two of them had blown,(curved top) so I ordered replacements from ebay for £2.70. With the help of a friend i managed to remove the old capacitors(2200uF 10V 105) and fit the new ones.So far the tv has worked perfectly after this fix
i would not attempt this unless you are pretty clued up in electronics but the rewards are worth it if you do
Your post has saved me a couple of hundred quid so many thanks to kelvoss77
cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom