LG 32LC2D - Settings Thread

pixels

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread for owners of the LG 32LC2D to put forward their settings and for what equipment those settings are used with. Might help owners get the best from this TV as there isn't a great deal of information available for it. I will be taking delivery of mine on Saturday hopefully and will post settings this weekend.

I guess the lack of posts about this model suggests that all the owners are really happy with it, and don't feel the need to come on here asking about problems. A good sign.

I have just got the set on friday and had a play around. I love the movie setting for sound!

I was happy with the set out of the box pretty much, still think the picture can be improved with some tweeks so :thumbsup: for this set!

I plugged it into XP MCE via VGA and set user1 picture setting by going thru the picture set up in Media Center. This gave me some sweet results when trying HD 720p clips from Microsoft. The blacks are so much better than any ive seen of similar sets!

For those who are interested in getting one the LG is AMAZING,

it has a contrast of 1,600:1
Intergrated Analogue AND Freeview,
Proper WXGA for PCs and scales lower res (No black lines/borders EVER)
3 Scart sockets (One for Digital Out to a 2nd screen )
HDMI, Component, Svideo, Composite x 2
PIP and POP with all inputs (not just VGA)
Plus loads more for just £575 after adding some nifty code on Currys website.
(Just search the forums for details)
Other stores are selling it for £899!!!!

Its an OFFICIAL branded set and therefore come with full manufacturers warranty rather that a 3rd party set (Yes that means you Woolworths and this one is actually in stock!).

Was looking at getting a tosh 32wlt66 or 68 but the 32LC2D seems to be a better and cheaper alternative according to computer shopper.

The only thing that may sway me away from the LG was the fact that I can't see if it supports progressive scan and I'm just about to buy a progressive scan dvd player...

Can anyone tell me if this matters or if the lg is progscan??

Thanks

I have the 42" version of this set and pretty pleased with performance for the price i paid (£950 after discounts) does anyone have any picture setting they recommend? I have put the sharpness right up as thought it looked pretty soft?

From the LG website:

Picture
Resolution: WXGA (1,366x768)
Peak Brightness: 500cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 1,600:1
Response Time: 8ms(GTG)
Viewing Angle: 178°(S-IPS)
XDEngine™,3D Digital Comb Filter
Digital Progressive Scan
DCDi High Quality Picture
Sound
Output: 15Wx2(42”/37”) 10Wx2(32”)
SRS TXT
Convenience
Swivel Stand(42”Only)
PIP, POP, Double Window, 2 Tuner
EPG( 8days)
PC Compatible
Ez-Cable Management
Connectivity
1 HDMI, 3 SCART(1 full)
Component (Y,Pb,Pr)
PC Input
Composite
Receiving System
:thumbsup:

Thanks Bazfoster....

Think its going to be the LG then...

I'm looking at getting one of these with the Curry's codes.

Can i ask how long was you delivery time after ordering?

I'm away all next week but want to order while the codes are active.
Thanks in advance guys :D

I think i could select the week after this one at least, you should be alright booking in advance.
Baz

Just got mine..a few thoughts:

DVD playback wasn't that great, I bought a Pioneer 696 to go with it and I wasn't as overly impressed as I thought I would be.

HD playback from PC is great, there's occasionally what can best be described as flickers or flashes whereas the display on my monitor is steady..could this be cause I'm using a cheap DVI-HDMI cable off ebay?

Can you guys confirm this screen supports 1360x768 input from a PC?

Talk over at AVS is that the 37LC2D (the 37" version) does not.

yes the 32LC2D supports 1360*768.

I connected my PC via DVI-HDMI cable, the LG screen was automatically recognised by my graphics card, I set up dual display and away I went.

How does the DVD playback compare to a PCs TFT screen though as that's what I'll be comparing it to (the NEC 20WGX2 in particular with all its twinkling artifacts).

PC use is great with my 42" version, its great with all PC (including DVD Playback) and HD stuff, normal TV viewing is OK, but got Sky HD coming tomorrow. Very good screen for the price, and i presume this is the same for the 32" version.

Hi,

has anyone hooked an xbox 360 via VGA and set it to 1360x768?

Does it work. I wanted th 32WLT66 but seems this may be a good choice.

Many thanks.

I have one of these (32") and its brilliant for PC and Xbox via VGA (not tried HDMI). It doesn't matter what you plug in through VGA as it will still show the same resolutions.

I like the fact it automatically adjusts to the optimum settings when you change the res (It goes up to 1366x768 easy) and it even lets you fine tune it.

This thread was supposed to be about settings tho! Anyone got any suggestions? I set User2 picture settings by running the XP MCE media center setup while the TV was plugged in Via VGA and tweeking it using the example clips.

ALSO does anyone have the remote codes for Telewest cable so I can use the Telewest remote for volume?

Good point Lanky!

I've just set mine up but haven't delved into settings yet.

Anyone want to tell us how you have it set up?

Baz

Anybody know the remote code for liteon dvd player with this tv?

Is it normal for standard definition, eg freeview and original Xbox, to look "smudgy"?

Sorry to be slightly off topic but I have a few dead pixels and they are really annoying. How many do I need before I can send it back and LGs online support system won't let me submit a query so other then telephone how can I contact them?

Cheers.

Edit: There is no submit button on their suppoirt form. I've also noticed that the backlight is not very even.

Edit2: I can count 13 dead pixels on a black screen and the panel uniformity is atrocious. Do you think this warrents a return?

Don't go through LG, either get Currys to collect it or take it back to a store and ask for an exchange.

I have one dead pixel on my currys set and will probably get it changed, so if you have 13 [!] you are definitely entitled to a replacement.

According to Currys 6 or more is classed as a fault, but as you bought online under the Distance selling Act you have a 7 day cooling off period so you are entitled to get it replaced :)

In short, get that thing swapped..quickest way would be to go to a local branch, phone up before hand and check they have it in stock and ask if they can keep it by for you, explain briefly the situation and ask for a replacement...if they are awkward about it their website says you can take online purchases back to a store..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom