LG 32LC2D or OcUK Yusmart 32"

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by TimDarracott, Dec 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. TimDarracott

TimDarracott
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Two relativley cheap flat panels, but i'm unsure which one to go for. My budget is £550, ideally i'd like to spend a little less in order for me to buy a decent(ish) 5.1 surround speak setup.

LG 32LCD2D

or

Yusmart 32"

I'll be using it for SD TV (Sky), X360 Gaming and HD-DVD, I did see an LG 32LC2DB in pc world today and had my brother who works there demo it in Sky Sports HD and SD it looked excellent in HD and seemed to perform pretty well in SD as well. Can anyone tell me whether or not the 32LC2D is the same as the 32LC2DB??

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

2. TimDarracott

TimDarracott
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PS. I have more to spend on speakers than what is left over from the TV cost.

3. tigershuffle

tigershuffle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Tim,
    had the LG32lc2db from currys online (£580 after promo codes) for a few weeks now. V. impressed with the picture and sound. I use it with softmodded orig. xbox and Ntl tv.

As far as i know the db is either just cos its got silver speaker strip at bottom and the lc2d has black strip same as frame.

the only alternative to this is that the db is only available via currys/dixons/pcworld group. Sorry if that dont help but i believe its just the silver strip thingy. There is another version without the built in digital tuner but i think that has an 'R' in the name?! available from some online sellers. normally around £550 ish.

I have had a problem with it in that sometimes the screen doesnt come out of standby and the remote then seems dead so the only workaround is to switchoff at mains/pull power lead, it then starts up okay everytime:rolleyes:

you can find more info in the 'lg 32lc2d settings' thread (just do a tv code search of the forum.

4. TimDarracott

TimDarracott
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, i'd like to think the Yusmart is as good as the LG but with no firm reviews it's a difficult one to call.

I think i'll go with the LG set, tried and tested so to speak :)

5. Tmorn

Tmorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the B just means black and silver rather than just black.