1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 32inch TV picture Quality!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by arjunan1105, Jun 16, 2003.

1. arjunan1105

arjunan1105

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I bought an LG 32inch flatscreen 100HZ (so called) TV about 3 months ago, but the Picture quality on the thing is very very flaky!.. I gave checked the connections and everything, but to no avail.

Has anyone else had any problems with these sets?....I am seriously thinking about taking it back to Curries.

The model number is RE32FZ10PX....

Please help!

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please be more specific :)

3. arjunan1105

arjunan1105

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The picture quality of the set has always been very grainy!.... I thought it might be the TV signal or the scart leads, and I have changed the leads and am also running Sky digital through it as well as my play station.

the picture is steady - so dont get the wrong impression that the picture is not visible, but no definition or clarity at all even the title bar on sky digital or the menu bar(s) on the playstation signal is very sumdgy!..... do you own one of these sets?.... if so I really want to know whether you are also experiencing similar problems and most importantly how to sort it out......

cheers,

A

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    If it is mainly blurring/lack of 'focus' on very bright areas - try turning the contrast/brightness down. It is a common problem with CRT TVs that the user controls allow the tube to be 'over driven' which causes bright areas to blur. It is equally a common problem that factory default settings are too high.

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't own one, but I have seen a few LG widescreens and a family member owns one.

As well as what Nigel says, the fact you mention a lot of grain sounds like the sharpness setting is turned up too much. Try turning it down a bit.

6. willyclark

willyclark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    i just got the lg 32, had it about a week , nothing wrong with picture but sound is crap so im changing mine for the jvc 3225ek,
    miles better