Quantcast

Lg 32-lx2r

daxie

Standard Member
I saw this one today and last week... And I was very impressed...

HD feed through scart RGB (!) was looking stunning...
Analog RF feed was veerrry good, even in a 30-times divided, standard set-up environment...

Also with what I read from the other posts, it fully supports 1:1 pixel mapping, even with DVI

Plus the price is great.
How come that this model isn't more popular?

daxie

Standard Member
amorenod said:
Wrong, AV1 is RGB

About opinions, just write lx2r in the search box, you'll find some threads
I know, I read them all, but I can't see why for example the hitachi is a lot more popular...

I have seen both next to each other, and the LG looked better on analog feeds...

amorenod

Novice Member
Ooops, I misread the "what I read from other posts"

About lack of popularity, well, I still haven't seen a review in any spanish mag, for example, neither do Google return many results. Word of mouth, for the moment ...

F

freekbear

daxie said:
I know, I read them all, but I can't see why for example the hitachi is a lot more popular...

I have seen both next to each other, and the LG looked better on analog feeds...
The hitachi is very popular because the magazines rate it as the best and the LG is not rated anywhere.

LG isn't exactly a posh brand either - I still remember it as the cheap and nasty Lucky Goldstar. They've been working on their image for a while though. I wouldn't have touched anything LG until Philips decided to joint-venture their panels with them. The 32 LP1D has been design (at least the looks) by a German industrial design bureau.

They're working hard to get design awards for their products, getting big stands in stores and getting market share in europe. I think they will be as big and decent a name as fellow Korean Samsung, soon.

russw

Standard Member
you ask why it isn't more popular. I beleive it is popular. It is currenlty my 1st choice to replace my current crt tv, but I'm really struggling to get one .
I'm trying to source one with a silver pedestal stand (as opposed to the black stand that some suppliers provide). Though I'd got one from currys website (passed the stock level check when I entered my postcode), but got an email this morning to say there was no stock and that the order had been cancelled.

bbdivo

Novice Member
Yeah I have one on order with TVandVideodirect, got bounced by Dixons and Currys (even after passing their postcode stock check) I was even able to get the price from Currys down to 924 and free shipping with vouchers!

As for popularity, it must be pretty popular cause no-one has it in stock! The reason I chose this screen is that it is one of the few panels that allow 1366x768 1:1 withouht having to fiddle around to much, most others you have to use 1368 or 1360 x 768 to get them to work properly.

daxie

Standard Member
bbdivo said:
Yeah I have one on order with TVandVideodirect, got bounced by Dixons and Currys (even after passing their postcode stock check) I was even able to get the price from Currys down to 924 and free shipping with vouchers!

As for popularity, it must be pretty popular cause no-one has it in stock! The reason I chose this screen is that it is one of the few panels that allow 1366x768 1:1 withouht having to fiddle around to much, most others you have to use 1368 or 1360 x 768 to get them to work properly.
Strange, a local dealer here can get it in two days.... (here in Belgium)