LG 32" LD450 Vs Samsung LE32C530

Seavord

Standard Member
Reaction score
hey which TV would be recommended out of these two for Xbox 360 and bluray which one would be better for me cause i know of Samsungs under 20ms input lag but ive read that lg has better picture quality but over 30-40ms input lag
and that one has bad motion blur and one has none its all so confusing :(
my viewing distance is like 3-4 ft away i hope i can have some help on this if you need more information just say :)

my limit is £400

(im not that good asking for help sorry if you do not understand me):blush:

LG 32" LD450 Vs Samsung LE32C530

LG 32" LD450
LG 32LD450 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

or
Samsung LE32C530
Samsung LE32C530 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 50Hz: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
for the samsung yes although ive heard that most av shops set them up to fool haha
hows the sony bravia 401 with gaming and blurays (im guessing they are perfect being sonys idea :p)
ive also just found out via Amazon UK Black Friday Sale To Offer Sony HDTVs At Half Price
that amazon have the tvs at half price on 22nd of november so is it great for gaming cause i considered one a while back but was pulled away buy these two tvs haha :p thanks

What's the big advantage to the Sony TV's over the Samsung? I'm reading that they both have great image quality, but the Sony's have a input lag of around 40ms, which in some fast paced FPS's will get you killed. The Samsung in comparison has a 14ms input lag.

Also, sorry for taking over this thread, but both me and OP are after the same thing so I hope that it helps.

Looking at HDtvtest.co.uk, the top 3 HDTV's they recommend for gaming are the Sony KDL32EX403, Samsung LE32C530 and the Samsung LE32C580

I've already asked what are the actual advantages of the Sony compared to the Samsung since the Sony has worse input lag, and from what I see in the review, the C580 is "better in every way" compared to the C530, except for the fact that at 60p games, suffers from negative ghosting. I presume this is why it isn't that uch of a widely spoken about gaming TV?

Seavord: 10ms = 1 frame. playing at 60 frames or 30, when gaming, a delay of 14ms is excellent. However, 40ms will be sufficient for most games, but if you're a hardcore COD or Halo player, it will get you killed in 1v1 battles.

Last edited:
i looked into the c580 apparently it doesn't have 24p for blu-rays and the ghosting turns me off it :\
the 530 i read on hdtvtest runs smoothly with no judder and apart from a tiny bit of motion blur its the best for gaming i was reading about and some people have got the blacker than black panel low input lag and no motion blur apparently rumoured is that the uk ones are actually pretty good and have been fixed for motion blur i guess ill find out when i get it though :) I'm going with john lewis cause of the
5 year guarantee but if it turns out not that good ill probably go with the 580 :) thanks for the help

edit: also yeah i do play halo and battlefield so 530 would be good for me :)

Last edited:
i looked into the c580 apparently it doesn't have 24p for blu-rays and the ghosting turns me off it :\
the 530 i read on hdtvtest runs smoothly with no judder and apart from a tiny bit of motion blur its the best for gaming i was reading about and some people have got the blacker than black panel low input lag and no motion blur apparently rumoured is that the uk ones are actually pretty good and have been fixed for motion blur i guess ill find out when i get it though :) I'm going with john lewis cause of the
5 year guarantee but if it turns out not that good ill probably go with the 580 :) thanks for the help

Yeah, I read that the UK have got some pretty good panels in their version of the C530. Looking at the John Lewis version, they are selling the C530F1. Is that an updated version or something?

And, keep me updated on how the C530 goes, since I'm after one of these for Wii/360/Blu Ray's. :)

ive read they are just different codes for different sites cause amazon has c530 and argos has c530Wf1 i think
but all the same tv i think all the uk samsung tvs that are 32" are sq01 panels which i think are the best im not sure theres a topic on this site which explains them but my father has a sq01 panel and its got nothing bad with it so fingers crossed mine will be great too :) il post back on here when i get it saying if its bad or not :D

ive read they are just different codes for different sites cause amazon has c530 and argos has c530Wf1 i think
but all the same tv i think all the uk samsung tvs that are 32" are sq01 panels which i think are the best im not sure theres a topic on this site which explains them but my father has a sq01 panel and its got nothing bad with it so fingers crossed mine will be great too :) il post back on here when i get it saying if its bad or not :D

I believe in the UK you can still get different panels, but you're more likely to get the AUO A-MVA panel (Which is apparently the best)

Supposedly it's model no. T315HW04 V.2 (If you look in the vent of the TV once you have it)

There's no panel lottery in the UK. We only get S-PVA (unless the model in question is 37" or 46"+). Nielo TM

ive read up that 32" has spva
37 get auo

true ive heard its the best but ive also heard the contrasts not that good but if i get that one i probably wont notice the contrasts lol im just hoping i dont get a faulty tv XD this is my first time getting a hdtv so ive spent the last month researching etc and it always came back to wanting this tv and just hoping that theres nothing wrong with it haha :)

ive read up that 32" has spva
37 get auo

true ive heard its the best but ive also heard the contrasts not that good but if i get that one i probably wont notice the contrasts lol im just hoping i dont get a faulty tv XD this is my first time getting a hdtv so ive spent the last month researching etc and it always came back to wanting this tv and just hoping that theres nothing wrong with it haha :)

Haha, yeah, same here. So I'm hoping your experience is good. :D

i guess youd only notice motion blur if you looked for it though you go through all these forums at first you wouldent but after you get closer to buying it you really hoping you get the best haha but in the end a tv is a tv whatever you get you will love anyway :)

I viewed the LE40C530 and LE40C580 side by side in Pcworld and couldn't notice any difference in picture quality (My mate thought the C530 was a tiny bit better)

I was also concerned about the picture degrading when the tv is viewed at an angle - The colours do look slightly less saturated when viewed at an angle, but you'd never notice, unless you were looking for it.

I bought the C530, but havn't set it up yet, because i'm waiting for my new stand and PS3 slim to arrive :)

im hoping to get the slim next year when the prices are more affordable haha
im going for the 32 cause my viewing distance is only 3-4ft so its just right for me :)

guys ive decided to go with the LG 42LD450 only £399 on amazon bargain i must say :D the contrast problem can be sorted apparently which is good :) so ill be getting that one ill post back when i get it :)

I think a 42 inch at the space you're goign to be sitting at will be horrible. I tried using my brother's one at that distance before and trying to play Halo on it was atrocious. I could see individual pixels and everything just felt too large.

Edit: Read some more on that LG. Apparently, the SD picture quality is absolute garbage. If you're only using the 360 then you won't have a problem, but for me I couldn't stand it if it screwed up the wii picture too. Haven't found any values on the input lag yet.

Edit Edit: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/lg-32ld450-42ld450-20101120901.htm

Hmm, seems good, but only if you know how to calibrate a TV. :p

Last edited:
fatmarley have you gotten it up and running yet ? how is it ? :)

Yep, it's up and running :)

Colours are really good and detail is excellent. Ive been playing Uncharted 2 and Everybody's golf on the PS3 and I can't fault it.

I don't have any Bluray discs, but SD DVD's are good. When watching Doctor who on iplayer, Reds look a bit over saturated, so I guess I'll need to calibrate the monitor when I can be arsed.

I haven't tested it with fast moving stuff, so I don't know what the motion handling is like. I expect it's pretty similar to any other LCD tv though (Probably a bit crap).

I didn't know you could get iplayer and Lovefilm through the PS3, but i'm really pleased you can. Overall i'm well chuffed :thumbsup:

i think i may do a coin flip on them both >_< haha
i suppose i could go with the 37 inch one

i got some videos of the lg in action ...it looks pretty good i suppose if the tv isnt that good i could just send it back

YouTube - LG 42LD450 42-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV
YouTube - LG 42LD450 - quick look mini review
YouTube - LG 42LD450 Review / Insight.mp4

all that seems to be a bad point is the blacks ...but tbh they didnt look too bad in the videos

yeah, but remember you're watching those videos through your own monitor, so your screen could make them look better than they really are.

Still, most reviews (professional ones anyway) calibrate the screen using professional equipment. I'd rather go with the Samsung which has better (measured) default colour accuracy and detail.

you have a point ..the only worry about the samsung is the motion blur but maybe im just thinking to much of it and that when i get it i wont notice it its just ive seen no videos to show no motion blur or motion blur ...okay changed my mind ill get this instead of the lg haha hopefully ill decide before i get it i got till the 1st of december to decide ill be going with john lewis if i decide to choose the samsung cause of the 5 year warranty and cause im in the uk ill probably get the spva panel .... is that the same as the sq01 cause dont the uk get that ?

you have a point ..the only worry about the samsung is the motion blur but maybe im just thinking to much of it and that when i get it i wont notice it its just ive seen no videos to show no motion blur or motion blur ...okay changed my mind ill get this instead of the lg haha hopefully ill decide before i get it i got till the 1st of december to decide ill be going with john lewis if i decide to choose the samsung cause of the 5 year warranty and cause im in the uk ill probably get the spva panel .... is that the same as the sq01 cause dont the uk get that ?

To be honest, I don't think you'd see that much of a problem with the motion blur. Some people are really sensitive to it, and others not. I think most people would be fine with a small bit of motion blur (Which is why the TV is so highly rated for gaming around here, remember that. A lot of the AVS junkies are extremely picky about these things and still recommend this TV :p) while that LG is unknown so far.

I am looking more into this however, as I plan to get the C530 or C580 (Doing more research into which one is truly better. I don't really count seeing them side by side in the store as a good test. But, from what I've read the C580 has better colour accuracy, just don't quote me on that just yet haha).

I am still curious about that LG though, although the black level really does bring it down as contrast > motion blur for picture quality. Contrast is one of the most, if not the most important thing for quality.

seeing as its my first lcd coming from a 24" toshiba crt i would probably notice it for a while but id then probably get used to it
i was going to choose the c580 but then when i heard it had no 24p feature on it it turned me off as i got my back to the future blurays today and would love to see it in its original viewing :) please update if you find anymore info i will as well :)

seeing as its my first lcd coming from a 24" toshiba crt i would probably notice it for a while but id then probably get used to it
i was going to choose the c580 but then when i heard it had no 24p feature on it it turned me off as i got my back to the future blurays today and would love to see it in its original viewing :) please update if you find anymore info i will as well :)

Oh, crap. I completely forgot about that regarding the C580.

Screw that then aha. :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom