1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 30" LCD panel

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by avanzato, Jun 6, 2003.

1. avanzato

avanzato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I had a 'demo' today of the LG MW-30LZ10 LCD in a Comet mega store.

It looked very good, better than the Thomson Plasma next to it.

Has anyone had a longer experience of it? Have I missed something? Is it Reliable?

It surprised me most as LG don't seem to have much of a reputation for Picture quality.

Luckily Comet only had the display model left as their price was too high. So before I hunt down a better price it would be nice to have a second opinion.

2. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    hi i saw the lg myself and was very impressed with it,i believe the only problem is with fast moving objects the image lags behind,i went to oldham to see it and they said i could bring my playstation 2 to try to see if the lag was bad,i just havent had the time to try it yet.the advantage of lcd over plasma i think is the screen burn in wont happen on the lcd which is good and as a computer monitor it wipes the floor with any plasma.maybe 30inch is a bit small i was tempted withe the sony plasma 32inch t2 which is actually 34inch diagonal,the cheapest i saw the lg was i think a company called crompton and moore or something like that if you do a search you will find it £2127 which i think is a very good price the sony plasma is £2557 which is also a good price.i dont know what to do myself i think lcd have advanteges over plasma but i would like a 42 inch lcd £3000 maybe soon