LG 26LC2R problems - grainy picture

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by woody00718, Jan 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. woody00718

woody00718

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!

I've had a good search on the forum but I couldn't find any specific answers.

After much deliberation and reading on this site I finally decided to purchase my first LCD TV.

Last weekend I bought an LG 26LC2R for £418 (Price match) at John Lewis.

It’s being used alongside my Toshiba DVD player that’s connected with a £20 Cambridge Audio scart lead.

I am impressed with the picture however when watching certain DVD’s I seem to see small patches of lines running across the screen.

It tends to happen on fast moving frames although I’ve noticed it on faces and background shots. This is very annoying and appears to me that the screen is trying to catch up with the picture but it doesn’t happen when watching the TV or whilst playing the 360.

To give you a better idea, if you pause a film then continually press pause so it moves frame by frame you will see lines around the edges of people, and the picture to go a bit grainy and fuzzy. That’s what I tend to see when I’m watching films.

I’ve checked all the cables and everything is nice and tight so could this be a fault with the screen?
    Many thanks

Dale

2. woody00718

woody00718

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone with any similiar problems?

Was thinking about taking it back today but worried it may be the DVD player or cable rather than the telly