LG 26LC2R - Grainy Black n White pic with TV tuner or Video input ?

hendern88

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have an LG 26LC2R and normally its hooked up to my Snazio HD media player via component and very pleased I am. Its about 1 yr old by the way.

However when I try to connect a video player and more importantly my video sender receiver both via Scart or component... all I get is a grainy black and white picture as if its stuck showing an NTSC pic while in PAL mode etc.

It also does this when trying to tune in the TV vid an aerial ?????

I cannot see anything in the menu that allows me to get back to a good pic...strangely enough when I hook up my DVD player ( Snazio or non HD one ) it gives a normal full colour non grainy picture.

I'm sure there is a simple solution but at the moment all I have a an LC Tv that can only work with DVD players and no other video input ( my pc also works fine ) including the TV tuner !!!

I've clicked just about every option in the Service memu as well...

Any ideas would be most welcome....

Sorry folks...sorted it....was pressing OK for factory reset when need to press the right navigation key ( rather counter intuative but there ya go )...all normal now....yipee !!!

Hi there,

I have an LG 26LC2R and normally its hooked up to my Snazio HD media player via component and very pleased I am. Its about 1 yr old by the way.

However when I try to connect a video player and more importantly my video sender receiver both via Scart or component... all I get is a grainy black and white picture as if its stuck showing an NTSC pic while in PAL mode etc.

It also does this when trying to tune in the TV vid an aerial ?????

I cannot see anything in the menu that allows me to get back to a good pic...strangely enough when I hook up my DVD player ( Snazio or non HD one ) it gives a normal full colour non grainy picture.

I'm sure there is a simple solution but at the moment all I have a an LC Tv that can only work with DVD players and no other video input ( my pc also works fine ) including the TV tuner !!!

I've clicked just about every option in the Service memu as well...

Any ideas would be most welcome....

Hi there,

I had exactly the same issue and my tv was sent away for repair under warranty. All was fine until recently and the original fault as described above has returned.

I have read your solution but on my set the right arrow and the select (round) button on the control have the same effect and only appear to reset the picture settings, i.e not a factory reset like you describe. What am I missing ?

Any advice much appreciated !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom