LG 26LC2R - Do Freeview TVs also pick up analogue channels?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by ajkgordon, Jan 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ajkgordon

ajkgordon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm looking at getting this LG 26LC2R but I'm a little confused as to whether it can also pick up the standard 5 analogue channels.

I'm in a very poor reception area and I can't upgrade my antenna for a while yet. Is there any way I can tell if this does receive analogue signals? It's Freeview and says it has only one tuner. Am I right then in assuming that it can't?

Oh, and any thoughts on the TV? Looks good for the price.

2. Robert1234

Robert1234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hello.

You may be able to do better than this for only a few pounds more. Last week I bought the Panasonic TX26LMD70A from Asda for £349. It was recommended by several people on this forum and has a superb picture. It certainly has freeview built-in and can pick up analogue channels. However the picture on analogue is no where near as good as on digital. But why use analogue when you can get these five channels on digital anyway?

I say MAY be able to do better because it all depends on whether your local Asda has one in stock. The two nearest me did not, and so I had to drive 35 miles to get one. From something I heard between two of the assistants they don't think that they will be getting any more in at this price.

By the way, the display model in the store was the TX26LXD7 which I believe is not quite as good. Ask for the LMD70 if there is a choice but as I say you will be lucky to get either.

Hope this helps and good luck. Cheers, Robert.

3. ajkgordon

ajkgordon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, Robert, but I don't think Asda stock it any more. The price every where else is outside my budget. Looks like you got a bargain.

In answer to your question about analogue, I can't get Freeview reception at the moment. I can always use the VCR for analogue stations if I have to but I'd prefer to get it directly through the TV.

4. ajkgordon

ajkgordon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That's the wrong model. It doesn't have Freeview. I bookmarked the wrong goddamn TV!