1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 2300p multi region

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Taz, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone know why the LG 2300p DVD cant be made multi region unless its sent away to be modified? dose antone know of a DIY kit?

CHEERS.

2. simes

simes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DIY kits are available at www.dvdchips.co.uk for £20.
    I am assuming your player is either the 2330 or 3200 (never heard of the 2300 !! )

3. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simes thanks for the reply, (you were right 2330p) I checked out there site and the only DIY kit they do for my LG is to disable macrovision for multi region its.... off to them for £60 + P+P so thats around £80 again. any other ideas? TAZ. :confused:

4. Jay2000

Jay2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try this hack

Its the same hack used for the 3300 series players but it also worked on my old 2330P although I suspect it was already chipped before I bought it. Give it a try though, I know for a fact that certainly 2330P's bought at Richer Sounds were pre-modified and maybe some bought elsewhere too. What you got to loose! Good luck.

Jay

[ 07-04-2001: Message edited by: Jay2000 ]

5. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jay, thanks anyway but it didn't work!

Taz. ;)

6. simes

simes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most of the mods are software ,thats why there is no DIY option.
    If you do decide to send it away for modification then i recommend www.upgradeheaven.co.uk

They will do the upgrade for £50 including return courier shipping.
    To get it for this price you need a printout of the page on the link below http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/uheaventoken.html
    If you go on the website the price including collection,modification and return delivery is £69.