LG 22LH2000 LCD TV - Is it Full HD 1080p?

KlevusDuff

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just bought the LG 22LH2000 and whilst looking at the spec on the LG Website, it says that it's Full HD 1080p...

Click to see LG's 22LH2000 Page

...but on all other sites reviews it says that it isnt! like this one...

Click to see EDirectory's 22LH2000 Page

The spec from edirectory is:-

LG 22lh2000 LCD Television.
Screen size in cm: 56. Hd ready: yes. Full hd 1080p: no. Built in freeview: dvb-t (mpeg4).

Does anyone know what resolution my new TV actually is?
Is LG mis-selling on their site or making up the resolution a different way to the other companies?
Are other companies unaware that it is Full HD?

Thanks Guys

Hi All,

I've just bought the LG 22LH2000 and whilst looking at the spec on the LG Website, it says that it's Full HD 1080p...

Click to see LG's 22LH2000 Page

...but on all other sites reviews it says that it isnt! like this one...

Click to see EDirectory's 22LH2000 Page

The spec from edirectory is:-

LG 22lh2000 LCD Television.
Screen size in cm: 56. Hd ready: yes. Full hd 1080p: no. Built in freeview: dvb-t (mpeg4).

Does anyone know what resolution my new TV actually is?
Is LG mis-selling on their site or making up the resolution a different way to the other companies?
Are other companies unaware that it is Full HD?

Thanks Guys

The LG website contradicts itself if you go to the spec tab. Looks like it's HD ready to me.

Thanks very much but how do I distinguish what is hd ready or full hd by those specs? Most places these days say hd ready 1080p anyways.

I bought it from currys but there wasnt anything to say what is was :(

The specs for full HD 1080P are 1920x1080, your tv is 1366 x 768 which is the equiv of 720P.

I don't think Currys will be interested to be honest as they are not responsible for the content of LG's website. I would however print that page on the website and contact LG asap!
You may get some kind of voucher or free gift from them as they are false advertising.

On another note though, as long as you're not using the screen as a close-up monitor you won't actually see a difference between 720p and 1080p on a 22" so don't feel like you're missing out on picture detail because of this mix up.

What does it say on the curry's website?

Cheers for that drivinscool.

I am using it as both a monitor and a TV. I'm pretty pleased with it but I was even more excited to read it was 1080p. bummer!

I will take your advice and contact LG.

Thanks so much for your help. It's very much appreciated.

Hi,

this is a case of making it look more impressive than it is by taking advantage of the fact that most people will skim read the specs somewhat, it's appeared all over the new LG website, this TV is HD ready though, it states the resolution as being an HD ready resolution, not 1080p. When it says 1080p I can only assume that it means that it can accept and process a 1080p signal, which is nice when feeding it a PC input

Hi,

this is a case of making it look more impressive than it is by taking advantage of the fact that most people will skim read the specs somewhat, it's appeared all over the new LG website, this TV is HD ready though, it states the resolution as being an HD ready resolution, not 1080p. When it says 1080p I can only assume that it means that it can accept and process a 1080p signal, which is nice when feeding it a PC input

No, it's worse than that mate,
22LH2000 Televisions TV/Audio/Video

The website very clearly states (wrongly) that this is a full HD 1080p!

Tha fact that it can receive and downscale 1080 is irrelevant imo as most new 720p's will.

Last edited:
I know it says on the product summary that it's full 1080p, it says on the spec sheet that it's HD ready though. Most 720p TVs will accept 1080p but it's still an eye catching feature to most, I'm going to contact some of the LG people on this forum and let them know just in case there is something wrong

From the Dixons site tonight . . . where did 30000:1 comefrom ?

Incorporating a 30,000:1:1 contrast ratio and LG’s Twin XD Engine, the 22LH2000 offers HD Ready resolution for viewing your HD quality content. The three AV viewing modes feature include movies, games and Sport, with each one delivering outstanding image clarity and colour to suit. With two invisible speakers to produce a high quality sound, the 22LH2000 also benefits from audio technologies such as Clear Voice 11, that automatically increases the volume of dialogue in noisy background scenes and SRS TruSurround XT that creates a cinema style sound experience in your living room.

On a general point . . . what's it like as a bedroom, up the corner, Virgin non HD fed television?

Ta.

30,000:1 is the contrast ratio, these numbers always vary hugely across different websites as some claim different forms on contrast ratio than others, either way, it's a number you should ignore

Bit like sound output? RMS v PMPO ?

8000:1 seems to quoted everywhere else for this set tho' . . .

Set ! That dates me ! ! :laugh:

haha, I say set all the time...it's not that dated...

anyway, 8000:1 is the native contrast ratio (I'm guessing), 30000:1 is dynamic. Don't be dazzled by the numbers though

It does accept 1080p though! I put my ps3 into auto resolution and 1080p came up. I haven't got any 1080p games so I don't know if it looks better. It looks good in 720p.

It could potentially look better in 1080p due to the TV itself downscaling to 768p (from 1080p) instead of upscaling from 720p, but, on my 720p TV (32PG6000), it only sends the PS3 XMB and blu-ray in 1080p, when I put a game in it sends 720p. It doens't display in 1080p though. Anyway, I sent a message to George Mead and LG blog and there does appear to be a few bugs on the site so it should be sorted soon

IMO this is a really good TV. Looks great in my bedroom and running as a monitor for my PC. Not too bothered now about the fact it isn't 1080p as at this size you can't really tell anyway. Does a good job with standard def. For £199 at any dsg stores (pc world, currys, dixons) stores, I won't complain!

*UPDATE*
LG have now changed the heading on this TV on the site to 720p HD Ready!:clap:

Unfortunately, drivinscool, I didn't get any freebies! :( Not even a reply from them! Yet I done some incompetent sods job for them and pointed out there specs were wrong! nm:cool:

A dead pixel has just appeared! Does the warranty cover dead pixels? I don't notice it unless it a bright background, I just don't want more appearing.

The warranty will cover it if so many pop up, the number varies between brands so it would be worth chasing up. If you did want a replacement then you need to phone up the place you bought it from though, they'll probably tell you that the follow the same principles as the manufacturer, which normally covers it once there's around 5 dead pixels. It's worth asking though

this is just my opinion and I haven't a clue if it will work, but in most cases, if you've bought a product and it isn't 100% working (your tv is 99% working as there is 1 dead pixel lol) before warranty runs out, you should get a repair or replacement. Just don't take no for an answer until you get your rep or rep... remember... the customer is always right!

Which of the features should I have turned on for tv viewing? Real cinema, dynamic colour, edge enhancer etc.

Which of the features should I have turned on for tv viewing? Real cinema, dynamic colour, edge enhancer etc.

things like that should usually be off, but do what looks best to you :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom