LG 22LH2000 LCD TV - Is it Full HD 1080p?

I thought as much, I always have dynamic contrast and noise reduction off. What does real cinema do? Is it for watching dvd/blu-rays?

I think that real cinema is there to try and reduce judder on 24p material by creating new frames between the existing ones, obviously you'll get some artefacts though so I'd recommend experimenting with it

Is this LCD primarily a TV or a Monitor & can I connect my PS3 to it & play hi-def games & Blu-rays fine?

You can do that with no problems, obviously it wont look as good as on a big high end LCD/plasma, but it wont look any worse than any of the other TVs around the same price and size

guys i have exactly the same TV and it DOES display games at 1080p and 60Hz,
i checked that with GT5P and Wipeout HD

can someone explain why is that, this tv is advertised as HD Ready only, which means it can only accept 720p and 1080i.

it definitely accept 1080p at 60Hz!!!

i am so happy, i have a FULL HDTV:)

It accepts a 1080p signal, but it only displays 720p, I'm assuming you've pressed the 'ok' button on the remote and seen that it says 1080p, that means the input signal, it's actually downscaling that to 720p to display on the screen.

It accepts a 1080p signal, but it only displays 720p, I'm assuming you've pressed the 'ok' button on the remote and seen that it says 1080p, that means the input signal, it's actually downscaling that to 720p to display on the screen.

you know i made a few screen shots in Wipeout HD and it saved them on my HDD in 1920x1080 resolution!, how would you explain it?, it also looks a lot better to me, i think it really works:)

Because the PS3 does take the screenshot at 1080p, it doesn't take what the TV is displaying, it takes what the PS3 is sending, which is 1080p. It may well look better because the resolution of the TV isn't exactly 720p, with the numbers it's actually a bit easier to scale down from 1080p to the res of the TV than it is to scale up from 720p

Because the PS3 does take the screenshot at 1080p, it doesn't take what the TV is displaying, it takes what the PS3 is sending, which is 1080p. It may well look better because the resolution of the TV isn't exactly 720p, with the numbers it's actually a bit easier to scale down from 1080p to the res of the TV than it is to scale up from 720p

so why it will not upscale 720p games to 1080p?

you see all native 1080p games play at 1080p

i set ps3 to display 576p and 1080p and it downscale Uncharted to 576p but native 1080p like GT5P stays at 1080p, it will not get downscaled to 576p.

so why it will not upscale 720p games to 1080p?

you see all native 1080p games play at 1080p

i set ps3 to display 576p and 1080p and it downscale Uncharted to 576p but native 1080p like GT5P stays at 1080p, it will not get downscaled to 576p.

it really works, all the menus and fonts gets smaller when in 1080p mode:)

The PS3 doesn't know the resolution of your TV, it just knows the highest resolution it can take, which is 1080p, but when you send the TV a 1080p signal, it will process that, and then downscale it to fit the resolution of the screen, which is 1366x768 - 22LH2000 Televisions TV/Audio/Video Because it has that number of pixels it's not possible for it to display in 1080p. It sends the 1080p native games in 1080p because you have it set to send the games in the optimum resolution, so it basically sends in the native resolution if it can. It sends the 720p games in 720p because the PS3 itself doesn't upscale games, it uses a hidden code to upscale games if you force it to send in 1080p, so it sends the games in 720p to give the best results. The menus and text get smaller when you send it 1080p because that's the purpose of the feature on the TV, one of the big reasons 1080p processing was introduced on HD ready TVs is with PC use, 1080p gives much better results than 720p, because of the way PCs deal with the resolutions and how it ends up being displayed.

I have this same TV and when I use my Blu Ray player I can either use Auto setting, which will show the blu ray discs in 720p or Native format which will show the discs in 1080p. Will it do any damage to the TV if I keep it set to display blu ray discs at 1080p? or should I just settle with 720p?

Is there someone with a LG 22LH2000 who can test if it supports 1:1 pixel mapping via VGA (1360x768) from a computer? Also if it supports pixel mapping via DVI/HDMI would be interesting to know. I would very much appreciate if someone would test this.

My mother is considering buying an LG 22LH2000 to use as a computer monitor and she would like to have a monitor with low resolution and big size to be able to have text in really large size in Windows XP without having to resort to scaling fonts. Font scalingdoesn't work well with all applications in Windows XP, especially not old ones. Her eyes are old and cannot take the small font size we younger ones prefer. :)

Thanks,
burken

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom