LG 2018 OLED TV line-up

Ok so all these claims must be false?

Um I didn't say that. I would like to see hundreds of clean panels so I can get rid of my $4000 dollar banding piece of crap of my wall even if if I lose a lot cash doing so.

What I'm saying is that until I see evidence I'm not buying it. I went through this last year and I can't count the times someone said I have no banding until they checked the panel properly.

Ok so all these claims must be false?
What he means is these things are cyclical and we should exercise some caution

New generation, first owner, all praises, honeymoon period, and then slowly the tide turns as more owners come into play, then the realisation that nothing has really changed
Wash, rinse and repeat

Or it has been the last few years with the OLEDs. Little incremental improvements but little worth upgrading for each time.

What he means is these things are cyclical and we should exercise some caution

New generation, first owner, all praises, honeymoon period, and then slowly the tide turns as more owners come into play, then the realisation that nothing has really changed
Wash, rinse and repeat

Or it has been the last few years with the OLEDs. Little incremental improvements but little worth upgrading for each time.

Thank you.

Um I didn't say that. I would like to see hundreds of clean panels so I can get rid of my $4000 dollar banding piece of crap of my wall even if if I lose a lot cash doing so.

What I'm saying is that until I see evidence I'm not buying it. I went through this last year and I can't count the times someone said I have no banding until they checked the panel properly.
Fair play, I hope you are able to find a panel that is totally clean at some point. I had a similar experience with my Samsung QLED with DSE and tint issues and its a pain having to swap them out, I gave up in the end trying to get a 100% clean one.

Fair play, I hope you are able to find a panel that is totally clean at some point. I had a similar experience with my Samsung QLED with DSE and tint issues and its a pain having to swap them out, I gave up in the end trying to get a 100% clean one.

Thanks! I get the sense sometimes people think I want their panels to be loaded with bands so I can feel better about my purchase. It's not true. My TV is the centerpiece to my system and I would love to not think about the flaws and just enjoy it for years like I did with my 500M.

Watched theese 2 videos last night compering last years hdr v C8, theres definetly a big improvement here, the picture is more realistic, detailed, last years 7 looks bleached out by comparision imho.

Are both sets calibrated? as my e7 does not look as washed out as that,far from it.

Are both sets calibrated? as my e7 does not look as washed out as that,far from it.

Def not calibrated, compare grassy hills on the right-side at start of video on both, looks totally different, c8 looks to be pushing greens and blues harder.

I expect the 18s to look better here, but I couldn't justify spending ££££s for a small improvement. Wouldn't even be worth it from a very uniform 65E6 that I have, let alone a 2017 set. May not even consider upgrading until I know I can get a panel of similar uniformity without half a dozen swaps.

A few reports of banding and tinting on the 2018 models already, looks like it's going to be another lottery this year again

Yea same old story. All calibrators saying no banding etc and real owners coming out with the truth.

Yea same old story. All calibrators saying no banding etc and real owners coming out with the truth.

It's funny how difficult it was finding slides for one of the c8s that was supposedly better than any previous set :facepalm:

It's funny, I have an inexpensive 43" Vizio here in my office and it's a few years old. Yeah, throw a 5% up and you'll see some uniformity issues, but I'll be damned that when watching some of the torture test scenes that have been posted they look fine unless you really stare at it. That's the kind of no TV is perfect talk I'm willing to accept.

Anyway, don't want to be a total downer, although I'm good at it, so I hope new 2018 owners enjoy their sets.

Last edited:
It's funny, I have an inexpensive 43" Vizio here in my office and it's a few years old. Yeah, throw a 5% up and you'll see some uniformity issues, but I'll be damned that when watching some of the torture test scenes that have been posted they look fine unless you really stare at it. That's the kind of no TV is perfect talk I'm willing to accept.

Anyway, don't want to be a total downer, although I'm good at it, so I hope new 2018 owners enjoy their sets.
im willing to take the plunge for the c8 day 1 . did the same with the b6 2 years ago. the 8 series seems to be a big step up from my b6 as more nits , active hdr, non dimm hdr game mode, better processing and auto cal. if only someone could tell me the frigging price as need to figure out is my budget for a 55 or 65inch.

im willing to take the plunge for the c8 day 1 . did the same with the b6 2 years ago. the 8 series seems to be a big step up from my b6 as more nits , active hdr, non dimm hdr game mode, better processing and auto cal. if only someone could tell me the frigging price as need to figure out is my budget for a 55 or 65inch.

£2699
£3999

surely this cant be correct ????????? OLED | View All TVs | John Lewis

hmmm maybe i upgrade to the b7 and sony af8 . pricing off from lg at start .

LG charging Panasonic and Sony prices this gen Maybe Sony and Panasonic will charge LG prices and beat them at their own game?

I think the 65" C8 can be picked up for 2650 Euros in Germany

This one made me chuckle, save 97p!
Power Direct

lg.JPG

It does mention a cashback offer elsewhere on the page though.

Yep, exactly the same price. A copy and paste of the relevant bit from my order confirmation:-

Specified time slot (delivery on Saturday 20 May 2017)
Large item(s)
LG - OLED55C7V 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV
£ 2,999.00

Don’t panic Mr Mannering
It always starts at those price but tumble immediately and frequently.

Hey I’ve a clean 2017 panel with no tint and no banding.Five months in never seen a band.I was all up for doing slides when I got it but like I said after five months watching it there’s never been a reason to run any slides.Once seen can’t be unseen but in my case never seen so I’ll settle for.To be honest if nothing shows in all the content you throw at the tv I’d say don’t go looking for trouble.On the other hand though if you have any doubts or see bands in content then do the slides while you can still exchange it just to see how bad they are.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom