Lg 2016 oled tvs improvments...

vaktmestern

Ex Member
Reaction score
:cool: Tek.no Been on a korea Lg factory tour and have a few new Oled news from Lg.

HDR x2 the brightness. Next year.
99 percent of DCI next year on new 2016 4k Oled tvs.
Showing a 120fps Oled consept
No 1080p oleds just 4k products in 2016.
We se more of Lg wall paper tv.
3D will be fased out with the removal of 1080p oleds.

Link to the article translate at own will...

Dette blir bedre på de kommende OLED-TV-ene

Last edited:
If 3D is removed next year im going 65" 950 :( Ces 2016 will be really intresting now.

the full Dci colour gamut was expected
also nit going up from 500 to 800 plus was also
both theese updates will make them fully next gen as far as sets can ever be imho
The big question is when are theese sets going to be released ?
Also quite probably other oled sets from panasonic and the touted one from Sony....could be interesting if they get released in a timely fashion :]

translation of Vaks link
Google Translate

He couldn't run fast enough ;)

We all know he would have returned it anyway. "Free upgrade" or not he can't fight the return impulse :D

NB: For those of you not in on the joke, the store gave him the 65" by mistake then chased him into the car park to correct the mistake :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure that removing 3D is an "improvement" I want :facepalm:

Surely one of the benefits of stepping up to 4K resolution is that the passive 3D can now be just that - Full HD.

And there are loads of people out there with 3D Blu-rays who are still going to want to watch them surely ?!?

I'm not sure that removing 3D is an "improvement" I want :facepalm:

Surely one of the benefits of stepping up to 4K resolution is that the passive 3D can now be just that - Full HD.

And there are loads of people out there with 3D Blu-rays who are still going to want to watch them surely ?!?
Yep, removing 3D would mean I could not watch my library of 3D Blu-rays and would put me off buying a new TV.

Dissapointing that they intend to remove the 3D aspect. Such excellent 3D was one major reason I am saving for a 65LG oled, I had hoped to pick up one of next years improved models, but looks as though a compromise is on the cards. It's a real shame.

Any indications whether they will be producing smaller screensizes?
55 just wont fit in my corner.

Do we know how they are expanding the colour gamut? Better filters for the RGB sub pixels?

Banding free.

Then i'm in.

:cool: Tek.no Been on a korea Lg factory tour and have a few new Oled news from Lg.

HDR x2 the brightness. Next year.
99 percent of DCI next year on new 2016 4k Oled tvs.
Showing a 120fps Oled consept
No 1080p oleds just 4k products in 2016.
We se more of Lg wall paper tv.
3D will be fased out with the removal of 1080p oleds.

Link to the article translate at own will...

Dette blir bedre på de kommende OLED-TV-ene

I wont be buying any LG if they fased out 3D functionalities from their TV. I am a big fan of passive 3d

Is he saying he has been on a tour of the LG facility .. if he did what a pity the LG plant was not in N Korea

I wont be buying any LG if they fased out 3D functionalities from their TV. I am a big fan of passive 3d

3D is dying. Best not to cling to a corpse.

Active 3d on OLED will be perfect anyway thanks to the very short response time of OLED pixels. And no, 3D is not dying - all new blockbusters are 3D. And with OLED it might even finally be watchable at home (on LCD the crosstalk is awful).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom