LG’s SL9500 shimmer (especially during football)

mattleross

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi. I recently bought the above TV and have the Virgin HD signal running via HDMI cable through the home theatre (Samsung HT-C550). When there is some fast action (especially football) the edge of the object shimmers against the background.

I went back to Currys and the salesman's eyes lit up... I need Monster cables but I have read here often that my £5 2m cables are fine and should not be a problem but happy to be told otherwise.

He did suggest running the HDMI cable direct to the TV from the Virgin box and then optical cable to the surround sound.

Any advice?

Does this happen when you play a Blu-ray or DVD in the home theatre system - or is it just limited to the Virgin box?

Try connecting the Virgin box direct to the TV, trying out both of your HDMI cables & see if you still have this problem. You don't need an optical cable just to try this out though.

^ Don't worry JayCee... I listened politely to data rates and left. One thing I did find in advanced settings was the TruMotion and it was on Low as standard... I have put it on high and the problem is greatly reduced (the background pixelates a bit in fast moving settings).

I'll look at a game tomorrow but why would a selling factor ie Trumotion be set as low as standard? Also, if it is low as standard I assume there is a overall negative affect somewhere else by having it high... what is it?

I find it strange such a setting would be in advanced settings...

Does this happen when you play a Blu-ray or DVD in the home theatre system - or is it just limited to the Virgin box?

Try connecting the Virgin box direct to the TV, trying out both of your HDMI cables & see if you still have this problem. You don't need an optical cable just to try this out though.

I think it is the Tru Motion and the free cable I got with virgin and the cheap Amazon one are working just fine!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom