Lexsur made by Samsund ???

A

amdaley28

Hello Everyone.
I saw these in a local store the other day.
Lexsur model lcd's.The store guy said they are rebadged units made by Samsung.
Has anyone ever heard of them ? :lease:
Cheers.
amdaley.

Are you sure it's Lexsur and not Lexar, a company that also makes memory cards and the like?

I can't find anything about Lexsur or Lexar LCD TVs on Google though... so that could well be the case. A lot of people make the mistake of assuming that two TVs from different manufacturers are the same though because they have similar or identical panels. Samsung are one of the biggest LCD panel manufacturers and their screens end up in a lot of LCDs, even although many otehr things are different. Maybe the guy in the store was referring to that?

A

amdaley28

Hi Lyris.
Thank you for that. I'm pretty sure thats the name Lexsur. The guy in the store said that they were rebadged Samsung units. I could'nt find anything on Google either but that often happens with items that Lidl or Aldi sell sometimes.I can't remember the name of this shop.It was just a big discount store but not Aldi or Lidl.
I dont know much about Lcd's but these were the specs he gave me.
170' viewing angle.
Contrast 800:1
Brightness 550 nts
Responce time 16.6ms.
HD ready.
PIP.
Pop.
Supported display.
D-Sub.
640x480,721x400,800x600,1024x768,1280x1024,
YPbPr.
HDMI/DVI

Prices 27"€799. 32"€1199. 37"€1699.

Sorry forgot 2 year guarantee.

Regards.
amdaley.

A

amdaley28

This leads to the information.

http://www.mastercare.co.uk/layout.aspx?ID={e7319d44-70ac-49db-8e66-678a561f3807}&CatID={6e4e557a-8349-4b16-8b49-f99075f0ade6}

regards.
amdaley.

W

woofer48

LEXSOR, Had one of those,sent it back to currys a bit rapid. it has an inherant prob with the black,so if you view a scene that is inside a building,i.e. (the bar at the rovers return) the picture is so dark you cannot see the features of anyones face, even with the brightness on full.

A

amdaley28

woofer48 said:
LEXSOR, Had one of those,sent it back to currys a bit rapid. it has an inherant prob with the black,so if you view a scene that is inside a building,i.e. (the bar at the rovers return) the picture is so dark you cannot see the features of anyones face, even with the brightness on full.

Thanks woofer.
I'll keep that in mind if i go back to take another look. What did they nsay was the problem when you took it back ?
Regards.
amdaley.

W

woofer48

Manager at currys spoke to Mastercare who said at first that it had not got a fault,but after a bit of stick they admitted to the fault on the lower price range L.C.Ds. not just the Lexsor.

A

amdaley28

I have been back for another look at these and found that it is the 32" lcd which has contrast of 800.1. The smaller ones have a contrast of 600.1.
They all seem to have a nice picture even with Sky showing on them.
Regards.
amdaley.

W

woofer48

Have a Good Look at the indoor scenes Amdaley,and see what the contrast and brightness are set at. Regards Woofer

A

amdaley28

Thanks Woofer.
If I go back I will check it out.
Regards.
amdaley.

amardilo

Distinguished Member
The shop I work in sell loads of these TV's (we also get a lot of returns as they tend to have a few problems too, but then again for the amount we sell I am not too suprised the quantity that comes back).

As for who makes them I think it's Harwa as the Lexsor box is a Harwa box with a Lexor sticker stuck on top of the Harwa logo.

Also to confuse matters even more the remote looks very strangly like very old Panasonic CRT remotes (design wise). Plus to confuse you even more ITI plasma remotes have the same design too.

All in all the TV is not bad for the price, but if you can get together another £100-£200 your money will get you a better set imo.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom