lexicon rv8

WHITE.AKITA

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all, i am considering buying this amplifier and would like to know if anyone has any feedback on this amp ?
all that i have read on the internet so far has been positive apart from the lack of hdmi.
many say it is the best sounding integrated av amp in the world, is this true ?
which av amp in your opinion sounds better ?

I did just 2 days ago sold mine RV-8. Had it about 2 years.. This one is definitely a masterpiece and a competitor to the Linn Kisto, Meridian G68 series. The receiver is quite neutral in it's sound and the big pro is that it sounds extremely good also in problematic rooms.
You almost never hear the speakers sound. What it does is a big synchronized soundfield with extreme fidelity and accuracy.

It is lot like the Meridian G68 but sounds more neutral. G68 sounds more "live" and real.
The RV-8 sounds also lot better than the new Marantz combo 8003, even against HD-soundtracks. Not even comparable.

Technically it may be better. I saw the Z11 at MediaMarkt and it is a massive piece, but also, it has the both look and feel of a mass-market receiver. I did not listen to it though.

Comparing these is like 2 different worlds. Going for a significally better receiver than RV-8 would be something in the audiophile category like the coming Arcam AV888/P777.

I did order Pioneer Susano but it have not arrived yet. Should do that in the beginning of next week. Worth keeping in mind that the RV-8 might sound as good or similar when using the analog inputs in HD-soundtracks.

can you please explain why comparing these 2 av amps is like two different worlds ?
they are both integrated av amps that cost £5000.

Hi, ive had a 2 week home demo of the Lexicon rv8 last year, and while i felt it was stunning it wasnt worth the asking price, Especially with no HDMI and new formats onboard, i also had a Denon A1HD also which is very similar but i liked the lexicon purely on sound slightly better than the denon.
If music is equally important to you the lexicon will be great, while you might not believe me here ive recently bought an Onkyo 906 and for movies it loses very little to the bigger and more expensive sounding units ive demo'd.
The Lex and denon did sound better with music, and for me the denon because its been tuned with a nice sound in mind it sounded too coloured for me and on real world sounds ie, car door slam or gunshot it slightly lacked dynamics, and thats were the onkyo gives you what is.:)
If the new formats and hdmi and video processing isnt important to you i would buy the lexicon, if you are wanting new technology i would go for the Yamaha Z11 if you can afford it, or a Onkyo 906 and save £3.5k but only if its movies only you require.:smashin:

can you please explain why comparing these 2 av amps is like two different worlds ?
they are both integrated av amps that cost £5000.

They wont be 2 different worlds, i would guess the lexicon will prob sound slightly sweeter than the Yamaha but for movies i would guess the Yamaha will be the winner, but differences will be slight.:smashin:

it would be also used for lots of music so 2 channel stereo sound is very important to me.
there is a brand new rv8 at £2000 so i might have it as it sounds perfect for what i want, thanks all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom