Lexicon MC1

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by marck, Jul 15, 2002.

1. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I have just bought an MC1 and am very happy with it. However I have a slight problem.

When I am playing DTS DVD's the Lexicon makes this loud noise - sounds like a fan starting up. When pausing or stopping the DVD you can hear it 'slow down' and stop.

I am using a Pioneer 626 DVD player.

Has anyone got any ideas why this is happening and what needs to be done to resolve it.

Thanks
    Marc.

2. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don´t know about the MC1, but the TAG has an option on setup to disable something when detecting DTS, don´t know if it has anything to do with your problem either... :confused:

3. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just spoken to someone from Lexicon and they said it is due to the fan on the DTS processor - they are going to let me know what needs to be done...

Has anyone else had this problem?

4. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I've never noticed this fan on mine, it's obviously very quiet under normal conditions.

One thing's for sure CSE's servicing & customer services department is second to none.

My MC-1 had to go back today for a warranteed repair, they couldn't have been more helpful.

Mark.

5. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I agree - I found that they were extremely helpful.

I have also spoken with my dealer who I bought it from - Audio-T in Tumbridge Wells and they are sending it back to CSE to get the fan changed/repaired. I have found them to be very efficient too.