1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lexicon MC1+ Rotel

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by William Pulles, Mar 29, 2001.

1. William Pulles

William Pulles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been evaluating the full range of home theater equipment over the last few months as I am building a dedicated home theater from scratch - this is fun man! I have looked at the Tag AV32R and the Lexicon MC1 and have decided to get the Lexicon (I can get it brand new for the same price as the Tag).

I am considering powering up 7 channels with a 7.1 speaker system (probably B&W CDM7NT system or Boston VR975 or Boston VRM60 system). I am looking at the Sim2 HT200 DLP projector for the video side - this is an awesome projector.

My current preference as far as amps go is for a Rotel 1095 (5 x 200W) + Rotel 1080 (2 x 200W).

My questions:

Has anyone else installed or heard a similar setup?
    Any thoughts on how this setup would sound?

2. GaryG

GaryG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    William

I have the DC1 (unfortunately the MC1 wasn't available when I made my purchase) configured for 7.1 surround using 5 monobloc amps and a 2 stereo amps (only one channel from each amp). Given that the MC1 is an improvement on the DC1 I would think you will be very pleased with that arrangement. I have my DC1 for about 3 years, it was my fourth surround processor in about 18 months. I have not had any urge to upgrade since, it is quite simply superb. Lexicon's Logic 7 is a real treat.

If you haven't already done so you might want to check out the Lexicon forum here www.smr-forums.com/forums/index.htm

Regards
    Gary

3. gwbailey

gwbailey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi William,
    How much did you pay for the MC1 and where did you get it from?

Thanks

4. William Pulles

William Pulles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I live in South Africa and purchased the Lexicon from the official importer in South Africa. Although I have been asked by them not to disclose the price (certainly not on an open forum), I can say that it is at a good discount on the normal retail price (lets say significantly less than 4000 GBP) while the Tag appears to be inflated in price in South Africa when compared to recommended retail prices listed in UK Home Theater Magazines.

So if you want a good deal on a Lexicon - come to South Africa. We can give you a good deal on sunshine too!!!

5. gwbailey

gwbailey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks William, you're a lucky man!!

ps, I'll start packing now! [​IMG]