1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lexicon MC-4 ? reviews ?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by roydonaldson, Apr 18, 2005.

1. roydonaldson

roydonaldson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi there,

I've just seen the Lexicon MC-4 has been released, has anyone seen any reviews of this as of yet.

Or, even has anyone listened to one ?

Roy.

2. u32t5645

u32t5645

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Time permitting, I will be going to see that critter this week, but my interest will be directed more toward the MC8. I believe the MC4 has only unbalanced outputs, if that is important to you. The other two Lexicon processors are available with or without balanced outputs.

3. roydonaldson

roydonaldson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Could you let know how you get on ? I currently have the Naim AV2 and are interested in how the Lexicon sounds compared to it for movie's, but also for CD playback.

Thanks,
    Roy.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    AFAIK the MC-4 is identicle to the MC-8 except the MC-8 is (as already stated) available with balanced outputs and also has a zone 2. Most people don't use a second zone, but IMO it is handy as a recording loop to a tape deck or CD recorder.
    The actual processing is exactly the same on both models and IMO is excellent with movies. For CD replay it is not to everybodys taste as it is very accurate and can be too revealing for many.

For reviews you could go to the Lexicon web site and read those for the MC-8 that they have linked to.

Mark.