1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lexcom House Cabling

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Paul_F7, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Paul_F7

Paul_F7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering installing a structured cabling solution and want any service to run over the same cable. I don't want to have to run Co-ax to each room as well as CAT5e.

Been pointed to Lexcom / SquareD which distributes AV/Telephone/Data etc over an unratified CAT7 based cable.

Has anyone any knowledge of this system. Any advice? Apparently they say all room interfaces are RJ45 only the fly lead changes and the patach panel.

I'm new to all this and don't want to be ripped off or find I've got a house full of unusable cable.

Thanks

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    structured cabling for what? Video/DATA/Voice/Audio/Control/Lighting???

3. Paul_F7

Paul_F7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ideally all of the above. Apparently it uses CAT7 based cable and allows AV/TV/Data to operate over the same cable they modulate TV signal.

4. rpdjpd

rpdjpd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in middle of exactly same installation just now...

Lexcom system appears to be very simple and effective.

My setup...

At least 3 network points per room, all in cat7 cable to one central "box"

along with, one cat7 cable to ceiling of each room for the master speaker. From this master speaker additional speakers can be connected. i.e in my lounge i have 2 speakers.

Idea is that the speakers receive all the audio inputs from the system, and using the speaker remote you select volume and channel etc. giving ability to have audio in any room. Can have hifi in lounge connected then listen to it in bedroom. Only 2 weeks till all the important stuff arrives, so will keep posted.