1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lex MC1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mark Ward, May 21, 2002.

1. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I've found a nearly new fully loaded Mint Condition MC1 which will cost me £1500 more than I can sell my Denon AV-A10SE for.

Basically £2k for the MC1, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for this, but my current room will only allow for 5.1.

Would the MC1 be of any major performance benefit over my current Denon in 5.1 for now? Alternatively:- Can anyone think of a small thin wall mount speaker for rear surrounds that would work well with my Kef Ref 2.2s, Model100, TDM34s for Logic7?

Racking is another issue, but I've started a different thread about that.

Cheers,

Mark.

2. garmtz

garmtz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You will hear a MAJOR improvement over the Denon! Especially in the precision, transparency and dynamics stakes.

You might want to take a look at the KEF Matching Guide at the KEF website. They sell some very neat small surround speakers you can use as rears. The Q8s would be perfect I think, but you might consider another pair of TDM34s rears if you like them.

KEF Home page

3. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi Garmtz

I love the TDM34DS's, I don't think I've heard a more complete surround speaker for my ears, good bass and excellent dispersal characteristics.....But they are just too big for me.

I have a gap of around 60cm behind the sofa which you have to walk through to get to the kitchen. It is a very used route and anything that blocks it is not going to be acceptable.

I'll check out the Q8's on the website.

Would there be any benefit in the Lex if I stick to 5.1?

Thanks,

Mark.