Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Level Playing Field

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Pooon, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +940
    Just a thought: (i seem to be full of them at the moment)

Lag - we all hate it, but there are things WE can do to minimise the lag for playing our league games. I play matches a fair bit with gthom3, among others, and the game always plays better when:

a: The ground is set to Orange Arena or Bayern Whatsit(!)
    b: The crowd is set to 1 Star or Off
    c: The Commentary is set to OFF - this is by far and away the biggest winner
    d: Your computer isn't doing anything!

So, what i'm suggesting is, that we all set up the games with the settings above, especially the commentary for the non-host, and hopefully we should all enjoy lag free-ish games until this mythical patch arrives.

2. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Good points. Is there anyway you can save defaults in pro evo for live games, as I think these are all worth implementing. The commentary is definately a problem and very distracting as its always out of synch.

There was a fair bit of lag in the league game I played yesterday, it definately effect you ability to play fluently. Thats not an excuse, he was a better player than me and I am sure he would have won anyway.

I even hard wired my connection and its now a 1.5meg line so I was really surprised to see lag in this when there is none on any of my other Live games.

3. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    I can't seem to turn the crowd off on Live. I've turned it off in my 1 player games (so that there is no crowd noise at all apart from the odd clap of hands after a shot on goal) but it is always on in live. When you create a game in live is doesn't let you select the number of stars and there is nothing in live options, or when you pause it in game.

I always do the following though:

- Use Orange Arena or Bayern Stadium as they seem the best stadia to use.

- Turn off my commentary.

- Turn my computer off full stop.

I tried hosting a game (may have been against Stumpy - can't remember 100%) the other day and he said it was lagging quite bad even though I wasn't downloading anything and had set the game up as above. We played a few games with him hosting instead which were virtually lag free. I then turned my computer off full stop (being cable the internet is always on) and hosted again. This time there was very little lag at all for the client. As turning my comp off (or fully disconecting from the net if on adsl) was all I did different I must assume that this was a contributing factor. Maybe the router kind of reserves bandwidth for each active "user" or something.

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +940
    On live i think you have to have a smattering of fans - you should get the same amount as say Man City get at The City Of manchester Stadium :devil:

5. stumpy_uk

stumpy_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Yes it was me and when we went back it was fine but really bad in the original attempt, the only thing I can think of is did you have MSN Messenger running etc with updates of Xbox etc as that must have a slight impact if you are sharing. It may have been ok if we had left it some time by then I missed about 3 seconds and you scored :laugh:

6. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Come on lay off the city jokes :mad: Lets not forget we have the 3rd best average attendance in the league :) There was quite bad lag in the league game I played the other night with my PC off, a hardwired connection and 250 k upstream.

I have noticed that most of the home teams seem to be winning quite heavily in the games that have been played so far. Will be interesting to see if this trend continues.

I must admit I am surprised we are having these problems. I play 15 other people in the states on Halo 2 all the time and never have any lag. How much more info is being transimitted in those games than a simple footy game with another guy in the UK. The only explanation is that the net code was a rushed job, it obviously dosnt work that well. Lets hope they can patch it at some stage.

7. Dogs_nads

Dogs_nads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

i am in the process of getting my xbox with pro evo 4...sadly they are out of stock of xbox at the moment so i gotta wait. just wondering how many players you can get on an xbox connected to Xbox live on pro evo 4. I really want to be able to get my mates around and play some poor little kid from some foreign place who thiks he rules and me and my mates kick his nieve little beehind.

so can i have 4 players on one xbox connected to a game online? :clap:

8. stumpy_uk

stumpy_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Dogs,

Its 1-on-1 only at the moment, so you will have to take it turns kicking lumps out of the poort little foreign kid :)

Cheers

9. Dogs_nads

Dogs_nads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nevermind. cheers though. our time will come mmmmuuuuuuuuaaaahhhhhhaaaaahhhhhhaaaaahhhhaaaaa (x 4)!?!?!?!?!?

i'll see you soon. me and my mates will beat ya one at a time. :smashin:

Can you play with your master league teams online? :lesson:

10. stumpy_uk

stumpy_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Nope, no master league teams just the international and club teams with their Konami default teams.

Looking forward to the stuffing.....:)

11. Dogs_nads

Dogs_nads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its a bugger though cos apart from getting one second hand out the free-ads i aint getting one for a few more days or maybe even weeks yet!!!