Letter To mr darling

steptoe

Novice Member
hi
not sure if this has been posted, but i thought it was funny and it might just work

Dear Mr. Darling,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing Britain's economy. Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan :

There are about 20 million people over 50 in the work force. - Pay them £1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new British CAR. Twenty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

4) They must send their kids to school / college /university - Crime rate fixed

5) Buy £50 of alcohol / tobacco a week there's your money back in duty / tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back there falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.

loz

Distinguished Member
That would cost £20,000,000,000,000 - £20 trillion - or nearly 10x the UK annual GDP.

Got any more bright ideas? :rolleyes:

steptoe

Novice Member
That would cost £20,000,000,000,000 - £20 trillion - or nearly 10x the UK annual GDP.

Got any more bright ideas? :rolleyes:

er no!. its a joke! well i thought it was funny and i cant see it really happening. can you

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom